All new students, both freshmen and transfer students, must submit an application for admission, including a $35 non-refundable application fee, to be admitted to a program of study or courses by the Admissions Office. Admissions procedures, including processes for international students and applicants for Nursing or Health Sciences programs, are provided in the College Catalog and on our website.

Readmission Procedures

Former Midlands Technical College students who were not enrolled for any of the preceding three academic terms (including summer term) or who have graduated from the college and who wish to re-enroll must complete an admissions application before re-entry. Application forms are available online. Students who have attended another college during the interim should request that the college send an official transcript of all academic work to the Admissions Office at Midlands Technical College. Applicants for readmission must meet established assessment and placement guidelines to ensure appropriate course placement and promote student success.

The college reserves the right to refuse admission to any student who has an unacceptable academic or conduct record. Those who have any financial obligations to the college must resolve those obligations before they will be allowed to register for classes.

Readmission Procedure for Students on Academic Suspension

Students suspended for academic reasons must make an appointment with Counseling and Career Services to obtain a petition for readmission to the program they wish to re-enter. An admissions application must also be completed. Additional testing and enrollment in a college success course may be required. Information concerning readmission of suspended students should be obtained from the Counseling and Career Services office.

Proof of Lawful Status

The South Carolina Illegal Immigration Act of 2008 requires that all students in S.C. state-supported colleges and universities provide proof of lawful status in order to be enrolled or receive transcripts. There are many ways that U.S. citizens and non-citizens can prove legal U.S. presence. Students can obtain information on the Lawful Presence Policy webpage or in person at the Student Information Offices, Admission Offices, or the Welcome Desk to inquire and provide valid documentation.

Print This Page