MTC’s Training programs are open for registration and offered in four different formats for you to choose from:
- ON-CAMPUS – Traditional. Classes meet on campus.
- VIRTUAL – 100% online. Meets with a live instructor on specific days, at specific times. Use web conferencing software, like Zoom.
- HYBRID – Some classes on campus. Some classes virtual.
- ONLINE – 100% online. Due dates for projects and assignments. Self-paced work on your time.
Find Your Program or Course
- Search Programs and Courses, and look for "Training Certificates."
- Search Individual Courses
- View and register for QuickJobs or Personal Enrichment courses.
- To view online courses, visit here and click on the topic you are interested in for a complete course description.
- For academic courses, register through your MyMTC account if you've already been through advisement and are web-enabled.
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Contact us at email@example.com or 803.732.0432.
Download our Spring 2023 Training Guide
Student Success Pathway
We can help you get there. Our training programs and courses can help you be ready for an in-demand career or advance your current career.
This is how you do it:
- 1) Review Training Programs
- 2) Prepare For Your Class
- Check the Materials List for your class on the website.
- Complete any steps required before the first day.
- 3) Complete Your Program
- Attend class regularly, study hard, and complete assignments.
- For Health Care classes, complete any necessary clinical work.
- Retrieve your MTC completion certificate by email.
- 4) Look at Next Steps
- Prepare for and take any applicable industry certifications to make yourself more marketable in the workplace.
- 5) Get the Job or Advance in Your Career
- Use MTC Student Employment Services for resume writing and job searching.
- Register for another class to build on your skill set and credentials.
Need to Know
Students frequently ask for this information.
Registration is quick and easy! Just find the course you wish to enroll in at MTC and register online. If you prefer, you can also download and mail in a paper form. You'll also need to complete a Verification of Lawful Presence form. You can securely upload required documents through MTC ShareFile
There is no registration deadline. Registration will be accepted until each class begins; however, early registration is encouraged as courses sometimes fill early or are canceled due to lack of enrollment. The college reserves the right to cancel offerings when there is insufficient enrollment.
Midlands Technical College reserves the right to make necessary changes in registration fees, course dates, times, curricula, and faculty. Every effort will be made to work with students who have already enrolled in a course where changes were made.
- Continuing Education Units (CEU)
The CEU is a nationally recognized method for recording participation in a continuing education program that does not count toward a degree but does meet established standards for increasing knowledge and competencies. One CEU is awarded for each 10 contact hours of participation in an organized non-credit continuing education program. Records for CEUs are kept on file in the Registrar's Office at Midlands Technical College. No CEUs are awarded for personal interest courses.
- Financial Aid, Payment, and Refunds
While there is no federal or state financial aid available for CCE classes, there are several payment options:
- Cash (Payment can be accepted at Airport, Beltline, and Northeast Campuses.)
- Check (Payment can be accepted at Airport, Beltline, Northeast and Harbison Campuses, or by mail)
- Debit Card or Credit Card (Payment can be accepted online, by Phone, by Mail or Walk In. All card transactions are subject to a 2.5% service fee.)
- Company Registration/Billing (Registration can be processed by Phone or Fax with a Letter of Authorization on company letterhead, or with a company Purchase Order)
Scholarships, Tuition Assistance, and Loans
- Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan (Registrations will be processed by Phone.)
- Military and Veterans Benefits (Contact the VA Office at 803.738.7717 to start the enrollment process.)
- The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) is a federal program that provides training and employment services, as well as tuition assistance for qualifying individuals. Visit your local SC Works Center in Richland, Lexington or Fairfield County for more information.
The tuition varies by course and is listed with the course information. Payment is due at the time of registration, and students can register for classes up to the day before the class starts if there is space available.
Midlands Technical College employs third-party agencies to collect delinquent student accounts. By registering for classes, you are acknowledging the responsibility to pay any expenses incurred by the college to collect your account, should it become delinquent.
If you find it necessary to withdraw from a class, you may be eligible to receive a refund depending on when you withdraw. You must officially withdraw from a class to receive a refund. Contact the Continuing Education Registration Office at 803.732.0432; press option 1.
NUMBER OF DAYS BEFORE THE START OF CLASS REFUND 5 or more 100% 1 - 4 50% 0 0
- You may also request a transfer into another class, or you can send someone else in your place if the substitute student has completed any required prerequisites.
- If you do not withdraw and do not attend, you are still responsible for payment.
- Refunds are not available after classes begin.
- Tuition will be refunded 100% for any classes canceled by the College.
- Special Accommodations
The college requests students notify Counseling Services at 803.822.3505 of any special accommodation needs at least 30 working days prior to the first day of class. The notification will help ensure the quality and availability of the services needed.
To order an MTC transcript, view the Request MTC Transcript page.
- Verification of Lawful Presence
All institutions of higher learning in SC are required to verify a student's lawful status in compliance with the SC Illegal Immigration Reform Act.
You can turn in the Verification of Lawful Presence form in person or via mail or email. We cannot accept faxed documents.
Citizens of the United States will only need to be verified once during their enrollment at MTC. Non-US citizens will be verified each year, or when their United States Citizenship and Immigration Services documents expire, whichever comes first.
If you have questions about this process, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students who fail to answer the request for documentation and verification will be removed from classes and will not be entitled to a refund of tuition paid. All other students who fail to provide documentation prior to first-time enrollment will not be allowed to enroll.