ManuFirst SC is a state-recognized manufacturing certification designed to provide a foundation for South Carolinians needing entry-level skills for manufacturing employment.
Full scholarships are available for the ManuFirst SC certification program during spring and summer 2021. Please see eligibility requirements below. Apply here.
- Eligibility Requirements:
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- You must be a resident of South Carolina
- You must be eligible to work in the United States
- You must show proof of Silver WIN/WorkKeys score or ASVAB (for Veterans). If needed, please contact the MTC testing center at 803.732.5337 to schedule your exam free of charge.
Classes will meet Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the MTC Airport Campus.
Successful students will receive three certifications.
- ManuFirst SC
- MSSC: Safety
The course is separated into four sections:
- Section 1: Manufacturing Safety
Includes preparation and testing for the MSSC Safety Certification Assessment
- OSHA10 Hour General Industry
- Lockout/Tag Out (LOTO)
- Maintaining a Clean Environment
- Tool and Equipment Use
- Customer Communications
- Conflict Management
- Section 2: Quality Awareness
- Craft Math Basics
- Precision Measurement
- Lean Production
- Quality Systems, 5S, and Continuous Improvement
- Quality Improvement
- Introduction to SPC and Control Charts
- Quality Audits
- Recognizing Problems
- DMAIC Model for Six Sigma Improvements
- Section 3: Production and Processes
- The Production Process
- Machine Operations
- Conditioning, Finishing, and Assembly
- Section 4: Maintenance Awareness
- Total Preventive Maintenance
How to Enroll
To pursue this certificate, please click on the courses below to see availability. You can register for courses online, and you do not have to apply to the college!
Call 803.732.0432 to talk to us about this program, or email email@example.com
Sample Program Plan and Costs
Class Delivery Methods
|On-Campus||Traditional. Classes meet on campus.|
|Virtual||100% online. Meets with a live instructor and classmates on specific days, at specific times. Uses web conferencing software, like Zoom.|
|Hybrid||Some classes on campus. Some classes online or virtual.|
|Online||100% online. Due dates for projects and assignments. Self-paced work on your time.|
|CEUs||Class Hours||Course Title||Cost|
This 70 hour program is a state-recognized manufacturing certification designed to provide a foundation for South Carolinians needing entry-level skills for manufacturing employment. To be eligible, participant must be able to work in the US, show proof of high school diploma or equivalency and show proof of Bronze WIN/WorkKeys.
No sections currently available. For information on Training classes, contact our Corporate and Continuing Education Department (CCE) at 803.732.0432 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not including fees and equipment