Tuition is based upon the student's legal residency as defined in The Code of Laws of South Carolina, guidelines determined by the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education and the Midlands Technical College Commission.
If an applicant or student wishes to petition to change his/her residency status, he may complete and submit to the Admissions Office an Application for Reclassification of Residency. Status changes are not retroactive for previous terms.
To submit the application:
- Print the Application for Reclassification for Residency.
- Read it carefully and choose your basis for reclassification in Part 2.
- Complete all sections required for the category chosen.
- Submit the application and all requested documentation.
The completed application has to be submitted at least eight days before the fee payment deadline in order for a change of status to occur on or before fee payment ends. Residency statuses can be changed up to the last day for a 25 percent refund. There are no retroactive status changes for previous terms.
Molly Shealy, SC Residency and Merit Admissions Manager
P.O. Box 2408
Columbia, SC 29202
Scan the completed application and email it to email@example.com.
Admissions Office at Airport (Airport Student Center)
- Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
If you have any questions, you may contact Molly Shealy, SC Residency and Merit Admissions Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803.822.3378.
For further clarification of residency guidelines, please refer to the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education.