The Office of Assessment, Research and Planning (ARP) is an integral part of institutional effectiveness and planning at Midlands Technical College (MTC). ARP’s collects, analyzes, and disseminates accurate and timely information in support of MTC’s institutional strategic planning, decision-making, accreditation, and internal/external reporting.
ARP provides institutional dashboards for data visualizations used throughout MTC that includes data from various internal and external sources such as, Integrated Postsecondary Data Education Systems (IPEDS), the South Carolina Technical College System (SCTCS), The National Student Clearinghouse (NSCH), and other sources. ARP provides quality actionable data and information to support fact-based decision-making.
ARP also manages and coordinates the college’s institutional accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). ARP provides leadership to ensure the college meets SACSCOC accreditation standards, works with departments on substantive changes, submits annual reports to SACSCOC, and supports programs in their accreditation. The Director of ARP serves as the SACSCOC accreditation liaison.
In addition, the ARP office manages and coordinates the college’s strategic planning process. ARP staff works with the college’s executive leadership to design and implement a multi-year strategic plan, as well as track and report on key performance indicators (KPI’s) associated with the strategic plan.
- Accountability Reports
- ARP Mission, Role, Vision, and Values
The Office of Assessment, Research, and Planning, in coordination with primary users, develops and utilizes data systems that collect, analyze, and communicate information to support college-wide planning, evaluation, and management decisions. The Office serves as the liaison to external agencies regarding evaluation processes and products.
Role and Scope
The Office of Assessment, Research, and Planning implements its mission through:
- Assessment – Collects and analyzes data to evaluate the college's effectiveness and performance of its students, programs and administration.
- Research and Analysis – Conducts research and performs analysis to support decision-making.
- Planning – Facilitates the development, dissemination, evaluation, and communication of the college's planning process.
- Data Management – Compiles, validates, reports, and maintains institutional data to meet internal and external requirements.
- Liaison to External agencies – Coordinates, with appropriate governmental and accrediting agencies, compliance with mandated planning, accountability, and institutional effectiveness requirements.
Midlands Technical College's Office of Assessment, Research, and Planning is a national model for user-oriented planning, research, analysis, and communication of value-added information on college programs and services.
The Office of Assessment, Research, and Planning values:
- Accurate data collection and analysis that supports decision-making.
- Collaboration with faculty, staff, and other constituencies.
- Contributions from faculty, staff, and students to the college's decision-making process.
- Excellence in planning, research, and assessment.
- Effective and efficient use of human, fiscal, and physical resources.
- Fact Book
The MTC Fact Book contains data on Annualized Enrollment, Fall Enrollment, Corporate and Continuing Education Enrollment, Graduates, and the college’s Full-Time Faculty and Staff.
Title: Director of Assessment, Research and Planning
Title: Assistant Director of Assessment, Research and Planning
Title: Data Coordinator
Title: Institutional Researcher
Pi-Jung Chang, Ph.D.
Title: Statistical and Research Analyst III
- Strategic Plan