Applicants who have attended a regionally accredited college or university must request that all colleges previously attended send official transcripts directly to the Midlands Technical College Admissions Office.
These transcripts will be reviewed to determine if the placement testing requirement will be waived and if transfer credit will be awarded.
Applicants requesting transfer credit consideration of post-secondary course(s) from foreign institutions must obtain, at the applicant's expense, a course-by-course evaluation of the foreign course work. We recommend WES (World Education Services, Inc.), but any evaluator certified by the NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) is acceptable. Contact our International Student Coordinator at 803-738-7735 to get WES forms, or visit the WES website to download the forms online. The following criteria are used to determine the acceptability of prior college course work for advanced standing:
- the final grade for the course(s) must be a "C" or better;
- the course(s) must have been taken at a regionally accredited institution; if from a nonregionally accredited foreign post-secondary institution, the courses must have been recommended by a NACES-member external evaluation service;
- the course(s) must be applicable to the program in which the student plans to enroll in order for the course to be considered for graduation;
- the course(s) must be college level. No course which is remedial/developmental in nature will be accepted; and
- credit will be granted only once for a given course.
Deadline for Transfer Students
To ensure the admissions application will be processed in time for registration, applications and all associated documentation, including transcripts and placement test scores must be received in the Admissions Office at least three weeks prior to the published application deadline for the term in which the student plans to enroll.
What Academic programs does MTC offer?
MTC offers more than 120 programs that lead students to fulfilling and rewarding careers. Academic students can graduate from MTC with an Associate Degree or transfer to a four-year college to complete their Bachelor's Degree.Academics
MTC is the largest source of transfer students to Columbia College and the University of South Carolina.