Transient MTC Student Taking Courses at Another College

MTC students who want to take courses as a visiting student at another institution should follow these steps:

1. Meet with Your Advisor

Download the MTC Student Transient Enrollment Form, complete the parts you can, print it, and take it to your advisor for the courses you should take and a signature approving those courses.

2. Contact the Other Institution

Contact the Admissions Office of the instituition where you want to enroll in as a visiting student. You must have approved and completed MTC Student Visiting Form before starting this process. Complete the institution's enrollment procedures for Visiting Students.

3. Pay Tuition 

If you have an approved financial aid award from MTC:

  1. Get the MTC Student Visiting Form from your department or advisor. Have your advisor complete and sign the form.
  2. Pick up a Consortium Agreement Form from the MTC Student Financial Services office and take it to the Financial Aid office at the institution you are going to attend to obtain approval.
  3. Return the approved Consortium Agreement Form, the MTC Student Visiting Form and the paid receipt to the MTC Student Financial Services office.

4. Buy Books

Purchase needed books and materials as directed by the institution you plan on attending.

5. Attend and complete the course.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Don't forget to go to the records office of the institution you attended and complete a request to have your official transcript mailed to MTC upon completion of your course.

Important Dates

August 14
Fall Registration Period Ends

August 15-16
Online Late Registration for Fall Semester

August 17
Fall Bookstore Charges Begin

August 24
Fall Classes Begin

December 9

Fast Fact

98% of students and 98% of employers surveyed rated the course content and instructional quality of MTC's Training programs as satisfactory or better.

How much can you save?

Compare MTC to:

MTC can save you


In your first year*

* Total tuition and fees (most current data available as of August 2018). Source: U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges rankings and "IPEDS Student Financial Aid Component Overview Public Academic Reporters."