Educational Talent Search is one of MTC’s TRiO Programs federally funded by the US Department of Education designed to assist middle and high school students in reaching their academic potential.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be at least 11 years of age and in grades 6 – 12
- Attend a school served by the Educational Talent Search program in Fairfield or Lexington County
- Commit to remain in the program through high school graduation
- Demonstrate a desire to attend college
- Career/college exploration activities
- College admissions
- College and career field trips
- Cultural awareness
- Goal setting and/or self-esteem building
- Financial aid forms
- Saturday Academy sessions
- Scholarship applications
- STEM Sessions
- Virtual sessions and advising
Download the Educational Talent Search Brochure
- Apply online to TRiO Educational Talent Search. If you prefer a paper application, fill out the form at the bottom of this page and we will mail you an application.
- ETS will notify you if you are eligible, or can be considered for one of the open slots.
- “Intake interview” with the Educational Talent Search Staff.
- Educational Talent Search Staff will make a recommendation to the Program Director, who will make the final admissions determination.
Students with Disabilities
Midlands Technical College will provide accommodations to ensure equal access and the opportunity to participate in the program for students with disabilities. Accommodations including but not limited to specialized transportation for field trips and assistive technology may be available upon request.
Please notify us at the time of enrollment of any individual needs you may have. To ensure the availability of services, students are requested to notify the ETS Staff of any disability accommodation needs at least 30 workdays prior to a scheduled activity. The Midlands Technical College Disability Resource Center will maintain documentation on file of disabilities and assist in the determination of appropriate accommodations; however, the student is responsible for providing appropriate disability assessment documentation to MTC. Please contact the ETS Director with any questions at 803.822.3624.
MTC’s Educational Talent Search Program serves the middle schools and high schools listed below. If your school is not served, please call 803.822.3628 to find out if another TRiO program may be able to help you.
|Fairfield Middle||Fairfield Central High|
|Airport High||Batesburg-Leesville Middle|
|Batesburg-Leesville High||Busbee Creative Arts Academy|
|Brookland Cayce High||Francis Mack Intermediate|
|Gilbert High||Pelion High|
|Pine Ridge||R.H. Fulmer|
|Sandhills Middle||Swansea High|
Educational Talent Search