Helping You Get Anywhere
MTC students know you truly can get anywhere from here. At the library, we work hard to support all of your academic, personal, and professional goals by providing the tools, resources and support you need to excel. Our libraries give you access to:
- One-on-one library assistance
- A large network of books, academic journals, and other research resources
- Large and small study rooms
- Computer labs equipped with teleconferencing technology
- Classrooms and faculty space
- Library instruction via Zoom
- Tutoring assistance at the Academic Success Center
We have five locations across the Midlands, including our recently remodeled location at our Beltline campus. Each library location is packed with resources to help support dynamic teaching and learning.
Library hours vary during semester breaks. Check our online calendar for updates.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Airport (AC 225)
View Library Hours
- Beltline (LRC 1st Floor)
View Library Hours
- Harbison (TC 218)
View Library Hours
- Northeast (ETS 153)
View Library Hours
- Batesburg - Leesville (EC 106)
Keeping You Safe
In an effort to provide a safe environment, we've made a few changes to our spaces:
- Per college policy, face coverings are required indoors.
- Cleaning supplies are freely available throughout the library.
- Cameras are provided on library computers for online learning.
- Laptops are not available for checkout.
- Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Ask a Librarian
Our librarians are here to help guide you and ensure you find all the resources you need to complete your research and coursework. We're available on live chat during business hours or you can browse our frequently asked questions for help.
We're always happy to help you with any questions you may have.
- How can I access library resources off-campus?
Off-campus access to databases is available for all current students, faculty, and staff. Follow the steps below for access.
Go to our website at lib.MIDLANDSTECH.EDU
When prompted, enter your username and password as directed.
Your username is the name you use to access your MyMTC account and your password is your MyMTC password.
- How can I find magazine articles and professional nursing articles for my Nursing 115 assignment?
Instructions for finding magazine articles and professional nursing articles are located on the Nursing 115 Libguide. If you need further assistance with finding articles for this assignment, contact the library at email@example.com.
- How many items can I check out at a time?
Students can check out up to 30 items at a time.
- Can I print from my personal computer, tablet, or phone?
The library does not have a way to print from your personal device, but we do have USB drives at the circulation desk for checkout. You can save your work to the drive, then print from a library computer. You may also send your document to yourself via email and print from a library computer.
- Does the library carry textbooks?
The library has textbooks from many of MTC's most popular classes available on reserve at the circulation desk. We also have select textbooks on reserve that are on loan from instructors or academic departments. Most of these are available for library use only. If you are having trouble obtaining a textbook that is not available at the library, ask your instructor if they can provide a copy for the library to place on reserve. You can search the textbooks the library has on reserves with One Search. Choose Course Reserves on the right.
- What do I do if my library login does not work?
Try these strategies if your library login does not work.
- Review remote access instructions above.
- Make sure caps lock is not on.
- Confirm there are no hyphens or dashes in birth date.
- Contact the library or Ask a Librarian.
- How can I find evidence-based practice nursing journal articles?
Instructions for finding evidence-based practice nursing journal articles can be found on the NUR 237 LibGuide under Tutorials & Resources..
- Where can I find information about APA style?
The library has gathered resources on APA Style to serve the research and writing needs of the Midlands Technical College community in these citation guides:
Please check the accuracy using the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, links provided at Citation Styles, or tutoring services in the Academic Success Center.
- What other libraries are available in the area?
Depending on where you live, you may have access to the Richland Library or the Lexington County Library. While hours and services at these libraries are currently limited due to COVID-19, library cardholders can log in to online accounts and access available resources. Contact your local public library for the most current information. MTC students also have access to a wide range of materials from academic libraries all over South Carolina through the PASCAL Delivers program.
Don't see what you're looking for? Browse our tutorials and other resources for help.
Looking for your course reserve forms? Need to request a purchase? We can help.
- To support the educational goals, objectives and academic programs of the college;
- To provide a collection of and access to information resources appropriate for a multicampus community/technical college environment;
- To offer leadership that promotes lifelong learning skills,and;
- To share research skills and knowledge with the college community.
MTC Library is a leader in developing and promoting information literacy and lifelong learning for a diverse student population through the use of emerging technologies and traditional library resources.