Fort Jackson Center
Fort Jackson Center Details
The Fort Jackson Center is designed to bring education to military personnel at their convenience.
- Address: 4600 Strom Thurmond Boulevard, Fort Jackson, SC 29207
About the Campus
Fort Jackson, the U.S. Army’s main center for Basic Combat Training, trains 50 percent of the Army’s Basic Combat Training load entering the Army each year. The Fort Jackson Center offers credit courses to military, veterans, and civilians.
When taking courses at Fort Jackson, students will be required to have a driver's license, vehicle registration, and proof of insurance upon entering the base. Students must enter through Gate 2 (Forest Drive) to attend class. Please come early to be checked through the gate.
Tuition assistance (TA) funding is a unique, distinct source of financial aid available to eligible service members. The TA process is as follows:
- Submit your MTC application.
- Once accepted, proceed to your appropriate service link thru www.dantes.mil to apply for tuition assistance benefits.
- Schedule a meeting with your advisor and register for class(es)
- Proceed back to your TA portal and request TA for each class –- with special attention payed to your start dates and class numbers.
- Once your request is completed email a copy to Michelle Cannon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read the accounting articulation agreement between the US Army Financial Management School, Fort Jackson, South Carolina, and Midlands Technical College.