Visiting students from four-year colleges and universities can take summer classes as short as five weeks at MTC and get ahead with class credits this fall.
More than 80+ courses to choose!
There are more than 80 courses that are guaranteed to transfer back to your college or university in South Carolina. These affordable, transferable courses are an easy way to get a jump on the next school year.
Check out the list of courses, and then follow the steps below to get started.
(The summer course schedule is usually available in early March.)
Get Started Here:
1. Apply for Admission SHOW
- Apply for admission to Midlands Technical College. If you have attended MTC within the last three semesters, you do not need to reapply and you may skip to step #3.
2. Verify Lawful Presence SHOW
3. Submit Your Transient Student Form SHOW
This form can be obtained by meeting with your academic advisor at the institution you presently attend. Please include the complete section number, if possible, of the class for which you wish to register (Example: ENG 102 B01). This information can be found using our course search in the sidebar of this page. This form must be submitted before you are eligible to register for class.
Please Note: Visiting students are responsible for determining if the courses taken at Midlands Technical College will transfer to their current college or university.
You may submit your form in one of the following ways:
- MAIL it to:
Midlands Technical College
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 2408
Columbia, SC 29202
- EMAIL it to: email@example.com
- FAX the form to: 803.790.7524 (Make sure to include your telephone number in case we need to contact you.)
- VISIT the Admissions Office on Airport Campus (Student Center 2nd floor) or Beltline Campus (Student Center 2nd floor)
4. Register for Classes SHOW
5. Pay Tuition and Fees SHOW
Pay tuition and fees by the deadline. Check with your home institution for financial aid assistance information concerning attending another college or university.
There are three ways to pay tuition:
OPTION 1: Online through your MyMTC account
This account also allows you to view your class schedule, grades, and more. You can access this information by visiting MyMTC.
OPTION 2: In person
Airport Campus – Reed Hall Room 114
Beltline Campus – Student Center Room 126
Harbison Campus – Harbison Hall Room 105
Batesburg-Leesville Campus – Room 105 (limited hours)
Fairfield – Room 103 (limited hours)
OPTION 3: By Phone
6. Request Transcript SHOW
At the end of the semester, you must request an official MTC transcript to be sent to your home institution.
Courses offered by the Science Department during the Summer semester meet only in the 10-Week Semester.
- Our lab courses are structured so that the lab and lecture portion must be taken together as one class.
For additional information and support, please contact Hannah Fallaw at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 803.738.7835.