Veterans Success Resources
Veterans Success Center | Beltline Campus | LRC 103
MTC’s Veterans Success Center is a space created specifically for student veterans. Stop by the center for resources to help you succeed in college; veteran-to-veteran support; and a quiet space with free coffee, computer access, and printing! For more information, contact Marchel Williams at 803.738.7615.
Jonathan McCain is a United States Army Veteran.* He has always wanted to make a difference and after retiring from military service, he found the path to a career in Criminal Justice thanks to Midlands Technical College.
VetSuccess on Campus
VetSuccess on Campus (VSOC) is a program through the Veterans Benefits Administration that places an experienced Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor on campus to provide assistance and support to veteran students and their eligible family members. This counselor serves as a “one-stop liaison” for Veterans on campus. MTC is home to the only designated VetSuccess on Campus site in South Carolina.
A VetSuccess on Campus counselor can assist you with:
- Information on VA benefits such as Veterans Readiness and Employment, education benefits, home loan guaranty, life insurance, etc.
- Guidance and support while using your VA educational benefits
- Electing your healthcare benefits with VHA
- Information and referrals to VA Medical Center & Vet Center
- Information on submitting a claim for disability compensation
- Employment information and assistance
- Information on community resources
Contact a VetSuccess counselor for more details at 803.738.7615.
The South Carolina Commission on Higher Education State Approving Agency has approved Midlands Technical College for veterans education and training (GI Bill®).
*The Department of Defense [nor a respective Military Service or any other DOD Component] does not approve, endorse, or authorize this college, its products or services.