The registration period for each semester is outlined in the college calendar. After acceptance to the college, new and readmitting students are notified by the Admissions Office to meet with their Academic and Career Advisors to discuss academic progress. For online information about registration, go to: MyMTC.MIDLANDSTECH.EDU.

Once students meet with their Academic and Career Advisor, they develop and receive a registration plan which outlines their program of study. They are then given permission to register themselves online for classes on their plan. This is called being “web enabled.”

Typically, students are web enabled through a designated period of time. Once this time elapses, students must see their Academic and Career Advisor once more for registration permission.

Students who are continuing at the college and meet certain requirements are web enabled and do not have to see an advisor to receive permission to register. Students, however, must be certain to enroll in courses that meet requirements for their program of study as planned with their advisor. All students must complete the Program Eligibility Requirement Agreement found on MyMTC before they can register online. Web enabled students still have the option to meet with an Academic and Career Advisor if they wish to.

At times, students may be connected with the Records Office (Beltline Campus, WM 103; or Airport Campus, ASC 223) in order for a staff member enroll them in courses.

If you are not sure if you can register online, go to the “Orientation, Advising, and Registration” box in MyMTC and select “Am I web enabled to register on my own?” While a student needs to be web-enabled to register online, sometimes there are other requirements a student has to complete before being allowed to register. For help with registration, please visit the Academic and Career Advising page in MyMTC for instructions and tips in the “Registration Tools” section. At times, students may be connected with the Records Office (Beltline Campus, WM 103; Airport Campus, ASC 223 or in order for a staff member to enroll them in courses.

The last step is to pay your tuition and fees by the designated time. Tuition and fees may be paid online, by phone, by mail or on campus. Information about tuition and fees

  • Tuition and Fee Payment – Account balances for tuition and fees should be paid in full by the end of the posted fee payment period. Payments may be made online, by mail, by phone or on campus. Students should reference their outstanding account balances and financial aid awards through their password-protected MyMTC account (MyMTC.MIDLANDSTECH.EDU). Students with outstanding balances may lose their classes if total payment is not received by the fee payment deadline.
  • Late Registration – Students registering for new courses after the fee payment deadline through the end of schedule change will be assessed a late fee of $150.00. Tuition and fees are due at the end of each day during this period.
  • Schedule Change Period – Students may change their classes during scheduled registration dates and during the published Schedule Change period for each session, depending on the length of the session. Students should consult the online college calendar for information on the Schedule Change dates for the current term. No transactions will be accepted through the web after the Schedule Change period. Courses dropped during Schedule Change will be deleted from the student’s academic transcript.
  • Withdrawing From Courses After Schedule Change – Once the published Schedule Change period for a session has expired, students may no longer drop a course, but they can withdraw from the course. (See Drop/Add). Withdrawn courses are recorded on the student’s transcript. Withdrawn classes are also outside of the refund period and students are billed for the course. Students needing to withdraw may complete a Withdrawal Form which can be found in the "Student Records" section via MyMTC. The date the request is received in the Student Records Office is the effective date for the form. After the published schedule change period, all student withdrawals must be processed through the Student Records Office. Students should discuss their withdrawal plans with their instructor(s) prior to withdrawal.

    It is important that students who anticipate withdrawing investigate the impact of this withdrawal with the appropriate college office. Changes in course loads can affect financial aid, veteran’s benefits and other enrollment-related financial situations.  In addition, courses in some academic programs are sequenced and scheduled at specific times during the year. Withdrawal from these courses often lengthens the time required for students to complete an academic program of study. International students in visa category F-1 must consult the international admissions coordinator before dropping any classes. Students are strongly encouraged to discuss the impact of the withdrawal on program completion time with an academic advisor.
  • Administrative Withdrawal – For disciplinary purposes or in extenuating circumstances an Administrative Withdrawal may be initiated by the Vice President for Student Development Services or designee. An Administrative Withdrawal will be considered for students who experience, for example, debilitating medical issues, death of immediate family members,  or other emergency situations (with supporting documentation) which may have prevented the student from submitting a withdrawal request by the withdrawal deadline. Contact the Office of Student Records for more information.
  • Departmental Withdrawal - Students may be withdrawn by their department if it has been determined the student is no longer eligible to complete the requirements for their program.
  • Faculty Withdrawal - Students may be withdrawn by faculty if it is determined the student has exceeded the number of allowable absences as outlined in the college's Attendance policy.
Print This Page