South Carolina Manufacturing Certification (SCMC) SHOW
Midlands TechHire SHOW
- Through Midlands TechHire, MTC is offering scholarships, training, and job opportunities for the high-growth IT field to young adults ages 17-29 and a limited number of unemployed and underemployed workers. Participants must be residents of Richland, Lexington, or Fairfield counties. If awarded a scholarship, tuition, books, supplies, and certification exams are covered at 100%.
Military and Veterans SHOW
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) SHOW
- The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) is a federal program that provides training and employment services for qualifying individuals. WIOA works in partnership with Midlands Technical College to help job seekers build the skills they need for jobs that are in demand. If you are interested in receiving tuition assistance for Continuing Education Programs please visit your local SC Works Center in Richland, Lexington, or Fairfield County. Learn more information about the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act at www.midlandsworks.org/wioa.
Segal AmeriCorps Education Award SHOW
The Segal AmeriCorps Education Award is a post-service benefit received by participants who complete a term of national service in an approved AmeriCorps program--AmeriCorps VISTA, AmeriCorps NCCC, or AmeriCorps State and National. The education award may be used to pay educational costs at eligible post-secondary educational institutions (including many technical schools and GI-Bill approved educational programs), as well as to repay qualified student loans. The dollar amount of a full-time award is tied to the maximum amount of the U.S. Department of Education's Pell Grant, thus it can vary from year to year. Currently, AmeriCorps members may earn up to the value of two full-time education awards and have seven years from the date they earned each award to use it.
Members can divide up an award and use portions of it at different times before it expires, as long as it is for authorized expenditures. A person could, for example, apply a portion of it to existing qualified student loans and save the remainder to pay for authorized college costs a few years down the road.
Sallie Mae SHOW
- Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan offers an alternative loan to students, which allows deferment while in school, additional expenses for books, fees, equipment, and even living expenses, along with flexible repayment options. By applying online, you may receive a pre-approval in only 30 seconds! If your credit is in question, you can still apply with a co-signer. To learn about interest rates, repayment options or to apply online with Sallie Mae.
Wells Fargo SHOW
- Wells Fargo Career and Community College Loan offers personal loans to students with no payments required until six months after you leave school, no application or origination fee, and competitive annual percentage rates. If you’re a student with little or no credit history or limited income, a cosigner may help you qualify for this loan and potentially receive a lower interest rate. Go to the Wells Fargo Career and Community College Loan website to learn more. To select MTC, choose Midlands Technical College - Continuing Education (West Columbia).
Nelnet allows you to make automatic monthly payments toward the cost of a course instead of paying it as a lump sum. Courses with a tuition cost of $249.99 or higher are eligible for Nelnet.
The Nelnet Payment Plan is not a loan program. You have no debt, there are no interest or finance charges assessed, and there is no credit check. The cost to budget monthly payments through the Nelnet Payment Plan is only $25 per term. This is a nonrefundable fee.
You may budget your tuition costs and Nelnet fee in the following ways:
- Automatic Bank Payment (ACH) - ACH payments are debited directly from your financial institution
- Credit Card Option - Your monthly payment will be automatically charged to a credit card
Upon the completion of your registration, 25% down payment, and the Nelnet payment plan online, you will receive an immediate confirmation number which means you are registered for the course and are set up for the Nelnet Payment Plan. The number of payments, minimum of 2, will be based on the day you register and the start date of the course. Full payment must be completed prior to the course starting so the earlier you register for the course the longer you will have to pay. Payments made will appear within approximately 10 business days.
To enroll in the Nelnet Payment Plan, check the "Make payment arrangements" check the box on the payment web screen when you register for a qualifying course. If this option is not present at the time of online registration, please contact Registration at 803-732-0432 for further instructions.
Payments are processed on the 5th of each month and will continue until the balance is paid in full.
Please note that if your payment is returned on your Nelnet Payment Plan you will be charged a return fee of $30 for each unsuccessful attempt.
Am I a Training or an Academic student?
Academic students are taking courses for credit toward a degree, certificate, or diploma. Academic students must apply to and enroll at the college.
Training students—sometimes called Continuing Education students—can take individual courses or earn certificates and certifications. They can register directly for courses online. Training courses don't earn college credit or transfer to other institutions.
Questions about MTC Training? We are here to help!
Let us create a custom course for your organization. For more information contact the Business Solutions team at 803.691.3907 via e-mail.
Check into the educational benefits offered by your company. Many area institutions, businesses, and industries have tuition assistance policies and encourage their employees to explore continuing education opportunities to help advance their careers.