August Course Listings
Corporate and Continuing Education
Take a free ride or brush up. Hold on tight for online, virtual, on-campus, or hybrid courses this year.
School of Business
- Finance and Accounting
- Customer Service
- Personal Development
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving - $125 | Register
- Dealing With Conflict - $125 | Register
- Enhancing Your Professionalism - $125 | Register
- Essential Skills for Success - $765 | Register
- Personal Accountability and Professionalism - $125 | Register
- Principles of Teamwork, Collaboration, and Trust - $125 | Register
- Taking Charge of Change - $125 | Register
- Verbal Communication Skills - $125 | Register
- Supervisory and Leadership
School of STEM
- Beginning Computer Courses
- Computer Support
- Microsoft Office
- Web Development and Print Media
School of English and Humanities
School of Health Care
- Emergency Services
- Medical Information Management
School of Advanced Manufacturing and Skilled Trades
- Forklift Operator
- Safety and Environmental
- Landscaper and Horticulturalist
- Small Engine Mechanic
- Advanced Stick Welding - $1,699 | Register
- Basic Stick Welding - $1,699 | Register
- Flux Cored Welding - $1,699 | Register
- Intermediate Welding Program - $3,295 | Register
- MIG Welding - $1,699 | Register
- SMAW Pipe Welding - $1,899 | Register
- TIG Pipe Welding - $1,999 | Register
- TIG Welding - $1,799 | Register
Complete Training Guide
- View the complete training guide for May, June, July, and August.
Don't Leave Money on the Table
Program starts September 7
Clinical Message Therapy
Offered day and night, this 10-month classroom and clinical program will prepare you to become a licensed massage therapist in South Carolina.
As a clinical massage therapist, you'll learn how to apply massage techniques to treat soft tissue injuries, chronic pain and myofascial injury, and structural and postural distortions. This is a very rewarding career as you're often helping people relieve pain through therapeutic touch.
Contact JaMel Morant | Program Coordinator | 803.732.5218
Want a custom course for your employees?
Virtual and Online Learning
- We can teach a wide variety of our classes virtually
If you don't see the topic you need in a virtual format, give us a call to see if we can create it for you.
- MTC Online and Virtual Learning
Taught by local MTC instructors, these are self-paced or virtual certificate programs and individual classes.
- Medical Billing and Coding
- EMT Basic
- Medical Scribe
- Accounting and Payroll Specialist
- Business Analyst
- Computer Technician
- Front End Web Developer
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Facilitating Career Development
- Videography and Photography
- Essential Skills for Success
- Excel Basic, Excel Introduction, Excel Advanced
- Medical Terminology
- SHRM Certification Review
Go to the Course Search box, and search by keyword after clicking on the training button. You can also enroll by calling 803.732.0432
- Your space | Your pace | Your virtual coach
Discover solutions that help you and your organization grow.
With Midlands Technical College's virtual coaching, you will receive support when and where you need it. Whether you prefer live video or a phone call, you'll get high-quality one-on-one support and coaching.
- Grant funding available for apprenticeships
Receive up to $2500 per apprentice
Do you have a hard time filling and retaining critical positions at your company? If so, apprenticeships may be your solution. And MTC Business Solutions has grant funding available to help.
Most of the grants pay up to $2500 per apprentice to offset training costs. MTC has many years of proven success helping businesses create winning apprenticeship programs. Let us help you, too.
- Funds may be available to train your workforce
Let us help you apply.
The Midlands Workforce Development Board (MWDB) is now accepting applications in anticipation of Incumbent Worker Training (IWT) program fund availability. Find out how much your company could qualify for and let us help you put together a winning training plan for your application. Don't delay – the deadline to apply has been extended to June (?).
- Strengthen your benefits package
Do you have a tuition assistance benefits program for your employees? MTC can help you enhance your current plan or start a new one.
MTC's Tuition Deferment Program allows your employees to take advantage of your company's tuition assistance benefits without the upfront costs typically associated with enrolling in college.
Participating employees will not be billed for their current semester charges until final grades have been posted. There are no late fees or interest charges for the tuition deferred and the program is available each semester as long as the previous semester's balances have been paid in full. There is no required minimum number of students to participate.
We are enrolling now. Call us to schedule an information session for your employees. We can answer questions and assist in the enrollment process.
Plumbing Training Certificate
Students will gain the skills of a beginner plumber, helping plumbers install, maintain, and repair plumbing systems. This program was designed in cooperation with local residential and commercial plumbers to ensure the training covered meets industry needs.
- A great apprenticeship opportunity for businesses, with grant funding available
- Students will complete their training in about 6 months
- Courses begin on July 19, 2021
Charlene L. Cornwell
Project Management and Business Analysis
- About Charlene
Charlene Cornwell brings 23 years of information and technology experience leading industries in implementing information systems, business process re-engineering, and change management using project management and business analysis best practices. She successfully trains students and businesses to define business needs, accomplish business objectives efficiently, and recommends valuable solutions to enable change in organizations resulting in advances in information technology.
Learn more about the two new classes that Charlene is teaching:
ITIL certification is near the top of almost every list of must-have IT certifications, and for good reason. As an IT management framework, ITIL can help businesses manage risk, strengthen customer relations, establish cost-effective practices, and build a stable IT environment that allows for growth, scale, and change.
MTC’s Agile Fundamentals course will provide you with the Agile values and principles to incorporate Agile methodologies into your organization. The course will provide a common foundation for making decisions about the best way to develop software using agile values and principles and introduces you to PMI's Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®.