Registration and Refunds

This page contains information about registration for Training courses and programs. Trying to register for Academic courses? You can register through your MyMTC account if you've already been through advisement and are web-enabled. See Enrollment Steps for more details.


Registration is quick and easy! Just find the course you wish to enroll in at MTC and register online. You can also download and mail in a paper form, if you prefer. You'll also need to complete a Verification of Lawful Presence form

There is no registration deadline. Registration will be accepted until each class begins; however, early registration is encouraged as courses sometimes fill early or are cancelled due to lack of enrollment. The college reserves the right to cancel offerings when there is insufficient enrollment.

Verification of Lawful Presence

All institutions of higher learning in SC are required to verify a student's lawful status in compliance with the SC Illegal Immigration Reform Act.

You can turn in the Verification of Lawful Presence form in person or via mail or email. We cannot accept faxed documents.

Citizens of the United States will only need to be verified once during their enrollment at MTC. Non-US citizens will be verified each year, or when their United States Citizenship and Immigration Services documents expire, whichever comes first.

If you have questions about this process, you can email

Students who fail to answer the request for documentation and verification will be removed from classes and will not be entitled to a refund of tuition paid. All other students who fail to provide documentation prior to first time enrollment will not be allowed to enroll. 


The tuition varies by course and is listed with the course information. 

Payment is due at the time of registration, and students can register for classes up to the day before the class starts if there is space available. 

Financial Aid

While there is no federal or state financial aid available for CCE classes, there are several payment options:

  • Cash (Payment can be accepted at Airport, Beltline, Northeast, and Harbison Campuses.) 
  • Check (Payment can be accepted at Airport, Beltline, Northeast and Harbison Campuses, or by mail)  
  • Debit Card or Credit Card (Payment can be accepted online, by Phone, by Mail or Walk In.  All card transactions are subject to a 2.5% service fee.)
  • Company Registration/Billing (Registration can be processed by Phone or Fax with a Letter of Authorization on company letterhead, or with a company Purchase Order)
  • Nelnet Payment Plan (Registration can be processed Online, or by Phone for classes that don't allow online registrations.)
  • Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan  (Registrations will be processed by Phone.)
  • Wells Fargo Career and Community College Student Loan (Registrations will be processed by Phone.)
  • Military and Veterans Benefits (Contact the VA Office at 803.738.7717 to start the enrollment process.)
  • The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) is a federal program that provides training and employment services, as well as tuition assistance for qualifying individuals. Visit your local SC Works Center in Richland, Lexington or Fairfield County for more information.


If you find it necessary to withdraw from a class, you may be eligible to receive a refund depending upon when you withdraw.  You must officially withdraw from a class to receive a refund.  Contact the Continuing Education Registration Office at 803.732.0432; press option 1.

Number of days BEFORE the start of class Refund
5 or more 100%
1 - 4 50%
0 0
  • You may also request a transfer into another class, or you can send someone else in your place, if the substitute student has completed any required prerequisites.
  • If you do not withdraw and do not attend, you are still responsible for payment.
  • Refunds are not available after classes begin.
  • Tuition will be refunded 100% for any classes canceled by the College.

Collections Statement

Midlands Technical College employs third party agencies to collect delinquent student accounts. By registering for classes, you are acknowledging responsibility to pay any expenses incurred by the college to collect your account, should it become delinquent.

Change Notification

Midlands Technical College reserves the right to make necessary changes in registration fees, course dates, times, curricula, and faculty. Every effort will be made to work with students who have already enrolled in a course where changes were made.

Special Accommodations

The college requests students notify Counseling Services at 803.822.3505 of any special accommodation needs at least 30 working days prior to the first day of class. The notification will help insure quality and availability of the services needed. 

Continuing Education Units (CEU)

The CEU is a nationally recognized method for recording participation in a continuing education program that does not count toward a degree, but does meet established standards for increasing knowledge and competencies. One CEU is awarded for each 10 contact hours of participation in an organized non-credit continuing education program. Records for CEU's are kept on file in the Registrar's Office at Midlands Technical College. No CEU's are awarded for personal interest courses.


Midlands Technical College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide convenient transcript ordering online—24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each transcript costs $7.25.  

Order a transcript for Training courses you've taken at MTC

Name or Address Changes

Submit name or address changes using this form


Contact us at 803.732.0432.

Course Search


Am I a Training or an Academic student?

Academic students are taking courses for credit toward a degree, certificate, or diploma. Academic students must apply to and enroll at the college.

Training students—sometimes called Continuing Education students—can take individual courses or earn certificates and certifications. They can register directly for courses online. Training courses don't earn college credit or transfer to other institutions.

How much can you save?

Compare MTC to:

MTC can save you


In your first year*

* Total tuition and fees (most current data available as of August 2017). Source: U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges rankings and "IPEDS Student Financial Aid Component Overview Public Academic Reporters."