Congratulations on your acceptance to Midlands Technical College! Please carefully read the information in this packet. It provides important information that will help you successfully transition to MTC.
Preparing for Summer
Academic Advising (Transfer, Readmit, and Transient Students)
|AND YOU HAVE...||...THEN...|
|Completed academic courses at another college or university,||Log in to your MyMTC account, complete Orientation online, and click on your advisor’s name (available in your MyMTC email from your advisor) to make an academic advisement appointment.|
|Been a student at MTC before,||Log in to your MyMTC account, complete Orientation online, and click on your advisor’s name (available in your MyMTC email from your advisor) to make an academic advisement appointment.|
|Been accepted as a Career Development or Transient/ Visiting Student,||
Go to Admissions or call 803.738.8324, option 9.
Airport Campus: Student Center, 2nd Floor
Hours: Mondays - Thursdays, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.;
|Been accepted as an Audit student or you are Faculty or Staff,||
You may register for classes on May 10, 2024 before 1 p.m.
Go to Data Entry/Records to schedule your classes.
May 13 | Summer Classes Begin
June 3 | Summer 7-Week Session II Classes Begin
June 19 | Summer 5-Week Session II Classes Begin
Other Important Information
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): Remember; it is your responsibility to complete the FAFSA each year. Complete the FAFSA online at fafsa.gov. MTC’s Federal School Code is 003993.If you need assistance completing the FAFSA, contact the Educational Opportunity Center at 803.822.6702.
- Registration: After you’ve met with your academic advisor, you’ll need to register for your classes. Use StudentPlanning as Demonstrated by your advisor to select classes, and register.
- Tuition and fees: Please remember that tuition and fees must be paid by the fee payment deadline. For a full listing of tuition, fees, and an overview of various payment options, please visit MIDLANDSTECH.EDU/tuition.
- Important information will be communicated only through your MyMTC Email college email account. You may access your free account through the MTC homepage. For assistance with user ID or password problems, call the MTC Computer Operations Center at 803.738.7888 during business hours or 803.738.7635 after business hours. Please be sure to check your college email account at least three times a week for important updates.
- Sign up for MTC Alerts and receive text messages that notify the MTC community of weather-related college closings and other emergency information. Join the thousands who have already signed up. It’s quick and easy! Sign up for MTC Alerts using your MyMTC account.
- Student Life: Campus involvement is an essential part of collegiate success! Students who are active in extracurricular activities can be more competitive for valuable scholarships and other achievement-based programs. You will gain confidence as you connect with students, faculty, and staff and add valuable experience to your resume. To learn more about Student Life, please visit MIDLANDSTECH.EDU/studentlife.
- College Calendar and Events: To stay current on college events and for important dates of interest, please take a look at MTC’s Student Information Calendar: MIDLANDSTECH.EDU/calendar.