Midlands Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees, diplomas and certificates.
Midlands Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees, diplomas and certificates. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Midlands Technical College. An individual may make an inquiry regarding accreditation complaint procedures or about issues and concerns that could be considered complaints using this form.
Program Approval and Accreditations
- The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
- American Bar Association (ABA) Standing Committee on Paralegals
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP)
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) of the American Dental Association – Dental Assisting Program and Dental Hygiene Program
- Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management(CAHIIM) Education Programs in Association with the American Health Information Management Association
- Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC)
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- Accreditation Review Committee on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (ARC/STSA)
- Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB)
- Joint Review Committee on Educational Programs in Nuclear Medicine Technology (JRCNMT)
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT)
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
- National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF)
- National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS)
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission (ETAC) of ABET
- National Court Reporters Association
- South Carolina Board of Nursing
South Carolina Technical Education System
In addition to these accrediting bodies, Midlands Technical College is part of a system of technical colleges operated under the auspices of the State Board for Technical and Comprehensive Education. The State Board establishes policies that apply to the entire state system and approves all of the college’s associate degree, diploma programs and certificate programs. All associate degree programs are reviewed and approved by the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education.
99% of employers would recommend MTC graduates to other employers.