College is what you make it at MTC! Extracurricular activities for students include clubs, student government, and more.
The Student Advisory Board (SAB) is the governing board that provides students a voice in College governance, campus concerns, and student affairs. The SAB and its Officers operate in conjunction with the Office of Student Life.
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL Show
MTC Association for Computing Machinery (MTCACM)
- MTCACM is a student chapter of the professional Association for Computing Machinery that is dedicated to promoting knowledge of management and applications of modern computing.
Early Childhood Development Club
- The Early Childhood Development Club promotes student involvement in and awareness of the early childhood profession on campus and in the community.
Health Information Management Student Association (HIMSA)
- HIMSA aims to educate the community about Health Information Management through student activities and fundraisers. Membership is available to all enrolled first- and second-year HIM students and Medical Record Coder students.
Medical Assisting Club
- The Medical Assisting Club promotes awareness of medical assisting by participating in various community activities and conducting fundraisers for local charities. This organization is open to students enrolled in the Medical Assisting program.
Medical Lab Technology Club (MLT)
- MLT Club provides opportunities for MLT students to participate in college and community service activities. The club is open to all Pre-MLT and MLT students.
Radiologic Technology Club
- The Radiologic Technology Club is committed to promoting the profession of radiology through community service, and college-sponsored and professional activities. Students enrolled full time and on the waiting list for the Radiologic Technology program can join.
Respiratory Care Club
- The Respiratory Care club assists in various community activities and fundraisers to enhance student knowledge in the field. The club is open to all first- and second-year Respiratory Care students.
Student American Dental Assistants Association
- The Student American Dental Assistants Association is designed to help dental assistants advance their careers and promote the importance of continuing education in the dental health field.
Student Dental Hygiene Association
- The Student Dental Hygiene Association provides exposure to oral-health education through workshops, volunteer opportunities, research, and shadowing experiences for Dental Hygiene students.
Student Human Services Organization
- The Student Human Services Organization sponsors forums for lectures and seminars that foster creative approaches to address human service issues.
Student Nurses’ Association
- The Student Nurses’ Association promotes student involvement in nursing by sponsoring guest speakers on current nursing topics.
Surgical Technology Club
- The Surgical Technology Club promotes student involvement in surgical technology and encourages participation in the National Association of Surgical Technologists.
CULTURAL AND LEADERSHIP Show
African American Male Leadership Institute (AAMLI)
- AAMLI is a student leadership organization committed to developing leadership potential and promoting academic success to males. Applications should be completed and returned to the Office of Counseling and Career Services.
- Sister Circle is a support group focused on increasing enrollment, retention, and graduation rates of African-American females.
MTC Ambassador Assembly
- The Ambassador Assembly is an honor/volunteer organization of outstanding students selected to represent MTC at college and community events. Members are selected on the basis of academic performance and extra-curricular activities.
National Technical Honor Society (NTHS)
- The NTHS recognizes outstanding students enrolled in Business and Public Service, Health Sciences, Nursing, Information Systems Technology, Industrial Technology, or Engineering Technology through induction into NTHS.
Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society
- Phi Theta Kappa is the only internationally recognized honor society for two-year colleges. Associate degree students who have completed 12 credit hours of college-level coursework and have an overall GPA of 3.5 or higher can join.
SPECIAL INTERESTS Show
- The Entrepreneurship Club provides students interested in entrepreneurship with opportunities to network and hear from business owners in the community. Lunch is provided at every meeting.
International Relations Club
- The International Relations Club strives to promote a greater understanding of the global community through discussion groups, cultural presentations, seminars, and social events.
MTC Running Club
- The MTC Running Club educates students about running and the importance of physical fitness in personal and academic success.
MTC Student Veterans Organization (SVO)
- The SVO is dedicated to helping student veterans achieve their higher education goals by providing a peer-to-peer network, coordinating campus activities, and providing networking opportunities.
Page to Stage
- Students in the Page to Stage club develop, write, and perform plays for local festivals and compete in the local theatre community and abroad.
- Technique! presents stage productions and short performances at special events. The group often presents works that benefit charitable causes, such as the Sierra Club and Harvest Hope Food Bank.
MTC is the largest source of transfer students to Columbia College and the University of South Carolina.
Student Support Services
Looking for personalized academic advisement, mentoring, and transfer assistance to a four-year college? The federally funded program TRIO Student Support Services does that.