Educational Opportunity Center
The Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) is one of MTC’s TRIO Programs federally funded by the US Department of Education. EOC provides counseling and information on college admissions and financial aid to qualified adults who want to begin or continue a college education. Participants can receive assistance in applying to any vocational training program, college or university. The program also provides in depth financial aid information and assistance completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Get help applying for the FAFSA
The Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) assists students and parents with completing the FAFSA.
Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) Eligibility
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Resident of Fairfield or Lexington County
- Individual that is 19 years of age or older
- Individual not served by the Educational Talent Search program
- Has a desire to enroll in college or training program
- Preference will be given to veterans, potential first generation college students, and individuals with limited income
- College admissions counseling
- College transfer assistance
- Financial aid assistance and counseling
- Financial decision making assistance
- GED referral assistance
- Homeless and foster youth educational assistance
Documents to Bring for EOC Services
- Picture ID
- Permanent Resident Card (if eligible non-citizen)
- Social Security Card
- Most recently filed tax return (1040, 1040A, 1040 EZ)
- Parents’ most recently filed tax return (dependent students only)
- Parental Income Verification Form (dependent student whose parents have no income documentation)
- Award letter, FAFSA confirmation page, or Student Aid Report (if completing Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note)
FAFSA FRIDAYS | 8:30 a. m. – 1 p. m.
10/19/18 | Beltline Campus, Student Center 227
11/16/18 | Beltline Campus, Student Center 227
FAFSA MIDDAY | 12:30 p. m. – 4 p. m.
10/24/18 | Beltline Campus, Student Center 227
11/01/18 | Airport Campus, Student Center 222
FAFSA AFTER FIVE | 5 p. m. – 7 p. m.
10/10/18 | Beltline Campus, Student Center 227
EOC provides services at a variety of agencies in Lexington and Fairfield counties. Site visits are coordinated with each organization for clients or attendees at particular locations. The outreach sites by county are:
Army Continuing Education Center
Lexington School District One Adult Education Center
Lexington School District Two Adult Education Center –Pair Education Center
Lexington School District Three Adult Education Center-Lifelong Learning Center - (office hours are also held at the MTC Batesburg-Leesville Campus)
Lexington School District Four Adult Education Center
Richland/Lexington District Five Adult Education Center
Academy for Success
Lexington County Department of Social Services
SC Works Lexington Center
- FAFSA Pre-Application Worksheet
- Parental Income Verification Form
- Participant Income Verification Form
Educational Opportunity Center
Midlands Technical College
P.O. Box 2408
Columbia, SC 29202
1260 Lexington Dr.
West Columbia, SC 29170
Lexington Hall, Room 170
316 South Beltline Boulevard
Columbia, SC 29205
Student Center, Room 227
As part of our grant services, the EOC provides information on college admissions and financial literacy to students.