CAREERS is specifically designed to help adults who lack job or educational experience but who demonstrate the ability and commitment to enter promising career fields.
Funded by the USDOE (U.S. Department of Education) Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act (Perkins V) grant, CAREERS assists economically disadvantaged men and women in career and technical education credit programs. Special populations served by the grant include individuals with disabilities; individuals from economically disadvantaged families; including low- income youth and adults, individuals preparing for non-traditional fields (e.g., females enrolled in engineering, males enrolled in nursing); single parents including pregnant women; out-of- workforce individuals; English learners; homeless individuals; youth are in, or have aged out of, the foster care system; and youth with a parent who is a member of the armed forces; and is on active duty.
- Financial assistance for books or childcare
- Exposure to career opportunities
- Enhanced personal professional and academic development
- Individual support, counseling and guidance
- Completed a FAFSA and be receiving financial assistance through MTC's Student Financial Services department.
- Enrolled in MTC credit programs leading to associate degree certificates or diplomas. Exceptions include: Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, and any certificates that begin with “Pre-“ (i.e. Pre-Health Care or Pre-Nursing)
- Cumulative 2.5 GPA
- Additional criteria may apply.
How to apply
Applications are accepted prior to the beginning of each semester (Fall, Spring, Summer). For additional information, email CAREERS@midlandstech.edu or visit one of the following CAREERS campus locations:
Wade Martin Hall, Room 235
Lexington Hall, Room 166
What types of financial aid are available at MTC?
Students in need of financial aid assistance can receive it via scholarships, loans, grants, or federal work study. To learn more about your options for assistance, please visit Financial Aid.