Midlands Technical College Recognizes Top Faculty for 2017
Midlands Technical College (MTC) announced its top faculty members for 2017, including the college’s top adjunct faculty from each program. An award in online teaching was also presented for the first time in college history.
“Our dedicated and experienced faculty are the foundation of MTC’s commitment to academic excellence,” said MTC President Dr. Ronald L. Rhames. “Many of our instructors earn state, regional, and national awards for work in and out of the classroom. These faculty awards are very distinctive because most of these recipients have been nominated and selected by their peers.”
Faculty award winners for 2017 are:
- Holly Beard, instructor in MTC’s Social and Behavioral Sciences Department, received the Exemplary Online Faculty Award.
- Ben Gaston, Interim Department Chair for Engineering Technologies, is the Dunbar-Tompkins Distinguished Lecturer in Career Programs.
- Dr. Gina Ormond, Faculty and Clinical Supervisor in MTC’s Allied Dental Education Program, is the recipient of the Albin S. Johnson Faculty Excellence Award.
- Dr. Anthony Scotti, instructor in MTC’s Humanities Department, is the Distinguished Lecturer in Arts and Sciences.
MTC also announced its Adjunct Faculty of the Year recipients for 2017. MTC’s adjunct instructors, some with more than 30 years of teaching excellence at the college, represent a diverse group of teaching professionals with real-world, professional experience in their academic areas.
“Without exceptional adjunct faculty, we could not do what we do,” Rhames said. “Many of MTC’s adjunct faculty are also working professionals in their fields. The expertise and depth of experience they bring to the classroom is instrumental, and our students benefit from that tremendously.”
The 2017-2018 Adjunct Faculty of the Year are:
- Jason Chatman, Social and Behavioral Science, Academic Affairs
- Sheldon Cooke, Business/Public Service, Academic Affairs
- Joe W. Dawes, Creative Careers and Personal Enrichment, Corporate and Continuing Education
- Albert C. Deas, Developmental Studies, Academic Affairs
- Mendy Glogowski, Computer and Information Technology, Corporate and Continuing Education
- Christopher E. Hall, Industrial Technologies, Academic Affairs
- Martha E. Harris, Science, Academic Affairs
- Beverly Heinly, Health Sciences, Academic Affairs
- Randy Hurtt, Mathematics, Academic Affairs
- Adrian P. Jackson, Sr., Quality and Manufacturing, Corporate and Continuing Education
- Jane Napier, Information Systems Technology, Academic Affairs
- T. Mark Phillips, Industrial Technologies and Trades, Corporate and Continuing Education
- Shanek T. Robinson, Healthcare, Corporate and Continuing Education
- Renee Santos, Employee and Leadership Development, Corporate and Continuing Education
- Bradford L. South, Nursing, Academic Affairs
- Jimmy Dale Weaver, Humanities, Academic Affairs
- Melissa J. Wyndham, English, Academic Affairs