Interpersonal skills are the life skills we use every day to communicate and interact with other people, both individually and in groups. Employers rank professionalism, teamwork, critical thinking, and verbal communication as the most important skills in the workplace. By learning these skills, participants have the tools needed to succeed in the 21st century workplace.
- Monday – Friday (Day courses)
- 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Monday-Thursday (Evening courses)
- 6:00 p.m. – 9:45 p.m.
- Participants must attend classes on 2 Saturdays during training program
- Professional development events; students are highly encouraged to participate in networking and job readiness activities in addition to training courses
- Customer Service
- Enhancing Your Positive Self
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
This program is only available to Midlands TechHire participants.
Midlands TechHire is fully funded by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration. The award amount received over a 4-year period is $4,000,000 and is effective from July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2020. The program provides training for participants in the three-county area served by Midlands Technical College.