PTA Program Faculty, Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education
Location: Airport Campus, Lexington Hall, 124
Ms. Smith practiced physical therapy in several Southeastern states before joining the College as Faculty and Clinical Coordinator. She has experience in long term care, acute and home health care and spent more than three years as a traveling therapist. She and the PTA students have contributed numerous hours in community service as volunteers with organizations such as Special Olympics, Ronald McDonald House and working with charitable groups to raise awareness of disease and need for research.
- Certified Clinical Instructor,
- Certified Ergonomic Assessment Specialist
- Mathews,H. Smith,S. Hussey, J. Pluck,MM. "Investigation of the
- Preferred PT-PTA Relationship in a 2:2 Clinical Education Model"
- Journal of Physical Therapy Education. Vol. 24, No. 3 Fall 2010
- BA Biology University of California at Santa Cruz
- BS Physical Therapy Medical University of South Carolina
- MHSA Masters in Health Services Administration Medical University of South Carolina