View by last name
J. Michael Robbins
Corporate and Continuing Education-Creative Careers & Personal Enrichment
Location: Harbison Campus, Continuing Education Center, 000
Michael has taught w/ CCE-Creative Careers & Personal Enrichment since 2011. (Music appreciation and percussion).
He has performed with a variety of ensembles including brass bands and symphony orchestras in the South Eastern United States. He plays drums and percussion in the weekly worship services at Calvary Springs Community Church in Lexington, South Carolina. His musical research includes “An investigation of the use of percussion, a cross-cultural study” (2001); “Historical periods of music and how the culture of the day impacted the form and style.” (2001).
- Presser Scholar (Theodore Presser Music Foundation) J.U. 1992
- Orff-Schulwerk, Level-I: Music Pedagogy
- Strong Interest Inventory-Practitioner
- Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF13252-US)
- Publications/Books: Inspirational Notes-Musician’s Devotional/Organizer (2012)
- Percussive Arts Society-Member: South Carolina Chapter (2016-Present)
- Bachelor of Music Education (Jacksonville University
- Master of Arts in Teaching (Jacksonville University)