English Department Instructor
Location: Beltline Campus, Wade Martin, 415-416
Dr. Rhonda C. Grego is currently English Department Instructor at Midlands Technical College in Columbia, SC; previously she held faculty positions at the University of South Carolina and Benedict College. Her conference presentations, journal and book articles, and two FIPSE (Fund for the Improvement of Post-Secondary Education) grants have examined the effects of organizational history and positioning on student writers and teachers and constructed and studied alternative institutional spaces for their work. Using approaches based on rhetorical theory, cultural geography, and participatory research methodologies, she and collaborator Dr. Nancy Thompson developed Writing Studio programs in a variety of institutional setting; they have written about this work in Teaching/Writing in Thirdspaces: The Studio Approach, a book published in 2008 by the SIU/NCTE Studies in Writing and Rhetoric Series. Recent work includes research on the cultural/literary history of Congaree National Park lands and the history of college composition in Columbia, SC higher education institutions.
- MTC’s Supervisor of the Year Award 2011-2012
- Professional memberships include NCTE, CCCC, TYCA, and TYCA-SE
- B.A. in English, College of Charleston, 1981
- M.A. in English and Technical/Science Writing and Editing, The Pennsylvania State University, 1985
- Ph.D. in English/Rhetoric and Composition, The Pennsylvania State University, 1989