Brian Flynn has been teaching college level English since 2011. Originally from Jacksonville, NC, Brian taught in North Carolina and Colorado before arriving at Midlands Tech in 2014. Brian's teaching interests include online teaching, using technology to engage students, technical communication, and multimodal composition. He frequently presents on educational technology topics. In addition to teaching, Brian has previous experience working as a writing center tutor. Before beginning his teaching career, Brian worked in the newspaper industry, where his responsibilities included advertising sales and page layout.
- Graduate of Coastal Carolina Community College's Instructors' Academy (2013)
- Member of National Council of Teachers of English
- Member of North Carolina Community College Association of Distance Learning
- Member of North Carolina Conference of English Instructors
- B.A. in English, The University of North Carolina at Wilmington, Wilmington, NC
- M.A. in Liberal Studies, The University of North Carolina at Wilmington, Wilmington, NC
- M.A. in English, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC