Respiratory Care Faculty
Location: Airport Campus, Academic Center, 307
Tracy Cook is a proud MTC alumni and a faculty member in the Respiratory Care Program. She earned her Bachelors of Arts in Accounting from Columbia College in 1998. She returned to Midlands Technical College to explore a career in Healthcare in 2009. While a student in the Respiratory Care Program she was selected by the faculty as the Outstanding Student in the Respiratory Care Program. Tracy graduated from MTC with high honors in 2011.
As a licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP), Tracy focused on providing acute, critical care to adults and emergency care to adults and pediatrics. Tracy has 7 years’ experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) and has spent nearly half of those years as a clinical instructor for MTC. Tracy joined the MTC’s full time faculty staff in 2014. As a full time faculty member she teaches and trains students on campus and in local hospitals.
Tracy is credentialed as a Registered Respiratory Therapist and licensed by the South Carolina Board of Medical Examiners as a Respiratory Care Practitioner. Tracy volunteers time to the South Carolina Society of Respiratory Care (SCSRC) to promote the respiratory care profession. Before joining the faculty at MTC, she volunteered her time to educate local school nurses on respiratory care medications and therapeutics in hopes that it would make a positive impact on children with asthma. As a faculty she is able to have a larger impact on the community by working with students to provide a free one day asthma camp, Camp Catch Your Breath of the Midlands, to local children annually.
- Who’s Who Among American Junior College 2010
- MTC’ s Respiratory Care Outstanding Student Award 2011
- Graduated Cum Laude from Columbia College 1988
- Member of Columbia College order of the Purple Seals Honor Society
- 2016 SCSRC Region of the Year
- Member of American Association for Respiratory Care
- Member of South Carolina Society for Respiratory Care (SCSRC)
- 2015-2016 Regional Director for SCSRC
- SCSRC Treasurer-Elect 2016
- Respiratory Care Advisory Committee Member
- SC DHEC Medical Reserve Corp (MRC)
- B.A., Accounting, Columbia College, 1998
- Associates in Applied Science, Respiratory Care, Midlands Technical College, 2011