Students interested in taking a credit course for non-credit purposes may audit a course. Students desiring to audit a course may do so on a space available basis beginning two days after Late Registration day through the end of schedule change. Students must declare they are auditing a course by this time.
- Audit students must meet all admissions and prerequisite requirements for the course.
- Audit students will not receive a grade or credit for the course.
- Course tuition and applicable fees apply.
Some courses require departmental approval prior to registering for a course to be audited. Check the list below and contact the appropriate department if the course is listed.
- Automotive: All classes beginning with the prefix AUT - (803)738-7751
- Building Construction, Commercial Graphics, HVAC: All classes beginning with the prefixes ACR, BCT, CGC - (803)822-3361
- English: Eng 100, 101, 102 or 165 - (803)738-7754
- Health Sciences: All classes beginning with the prefixes AHS, DAT, DHG, HIM, MED, MLT, NMT, PHM, PTH, RAD, RDT, RES, SUR - (803)822-3381
- Industrial Electricity/Electronics, Industrial Maintenance, Machine Tool Technology: All classes beginning with the prefixes EEM, IMT, MTT - (803)738-7676
- Nursing: All classes beginning with the prefix NUR - (803)822-3334 or (803)822-3463
The following courses may NOT be audited:
- Any Foreign Language beginning with the prefix SPA, FRE or SWA
- Any class beginning with the prefix ESL (English as a Second Language)
- ART 111, 112, 211, 212
- MUS 106
- THE 105, 125
Students who are auditing a course are NOT required to take tests or exams and will receive a grade of “AU” (Audit) for the course. Audit courses are NOT computed in grade point averages.
Credit hours for audit courses are not included in a student's course load. This means that if a student is enrolled in 9 credit hours of regular course work and 3 audit hours for a course, the student is ONLY credited for 9 hours of course work or only ¾ time for financial aid purposes. Students are charged full tuition for auditing a course.
A student who audits a course may later take the same course for credit. Students auditing a course MAY NOT change their course status after schedule change period of the term.
What is the deadline to begin the re-admission process for students on suspension?
Applications need to be submitted by the following dates for the corresponding semester:
- Fall Semester – July 1st
- Spring Semester – November 1st
- Summer Semester – April 1st
We recommend that you start the admissions process at least three weeks before the start of registration.