Computer technicians help repair and maintain computers and network servers. Technicians’ responsibilities may include building or configuring new hardware, installing and updating software packages, and creating and maintaining computer networks. Computer repair technicians work in a variety of settings, including both the public and private sectors.
- Monday – Friday (Day courses)
- 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Estimated length of training: 8 to 12 weeks; includes instructor-led labs for certification exam preparation, where applicable
- Monday-Thursday (Evening courses)
- 6:00 p.m. – 9:45 p.m.
- Estimated length of training: 12 to 14 weeks; includes instructor-led labs for certification exam preparation, where applicable
- Participants must attend classes on two Saturdays during training program
- Professional development events; students are highly encouraged to participate in networking and job readiness activities in addition to training courses
- Interpersonal Strategies for Success
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
Recommended WorkKeys Scores
- Workplace Documents: 5
- Applied Math: 5
- Graphic Literacy: 4
This program is only available to Midlands TechHire participants.
Midlands TechHire is fully funded by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration. The award amount received over a 4-year period is $4,000,000 and is effective from July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2020. The program provides training for participants in the three-county area served by Midlands Technical College.