Do you struggle with finding skilled workers? Are you looking for alternative ways to recruit for high-demand positions?
If so, an apprenticeship may be your solution.
By partnering with Midlands Technical College’s Business Solutions office, your company can receive assistance in developing your own apprenticeship programs. We can connect you with aspiring apprentices looking for opportunities and provide free consultative services.
- Midlands Youth Apprenticeship (MYA)
MYA is a career-education pathway for area businesses that helps build a viable, local workforce for high-demand, hard-to-fill positions. It provides high school juniors the opportunity to get paid to learn as youth apprentices. Youth apprentices receive paid on-the-job training along with job-related education at MTC. Learn more about the MYA program here.
- Adult Apprenticeship Programs
Midlands Technical College works with Midlands employers in a variety of industries to create adult apprenticeship programs to help develop the skilled workforce they need to be competitive. These programs can be developed as a recruiting tool to help you attract new employees or even as a retention strategy to help continue to grow and further develop your current employees. In either scenario, it creates long, rewarding career paths for your employees and helps to build loyalty and stability within your workforce.
Apprentices receive paid on-the-job training along with job-related education at MTC. All tuition and other costs are covered by employer partners and/or Midlands workforce development agencies.
- Benefits for Starting an Apprenticeship
- Free consultative services
- Access to aspiring apprentices
- $1,000 tax credits for each apprentice
- Access to workforce development partners who may be able to assist with funding tuition, books, and other costs
- Retention tool for competitive positions
- Recruiting tool for hard-to-fill positions
- Steps to Creating an Apprenticeship
- Employer registers program with USDOL
- Employer identifies aspiring apprentices internally or MTC helps recruit aspiring apprentices AND connects them to employers
- Employer interviews and selects aspiring apprentice
- Apprentice begins MTC classes and employment/on-the-job training and mentoring
- Apprentice completes apprenticeship with MTC certificate and USDOL Journeyman credential
Quick Links- Apprenticeship Solutions
Becoming an Industry Partner
How to Get Started
To become an industry partner, complete a request form or contract. You can also request information by contacting Business Solutions.