The Advanced Desktop and Server Administrator program builds on the Desktop and Server Administrator Certificate by adding more credentials in infrastructure, security, and network configuration. Participants gain a greater understanding of how to configure and protect sophisticated networks and acquire skills to work with large and complex corporate networks. Participants receive instructor-led exam preparation for CompTIA and Cisco certifications.
- Monday – Friday (Day courses)
- 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Estimated length of training: eighteen (18) to twenty-four (24) weeks; includes instructor-led labs for certification exam preparation, where applicable
- Monday-Thursday (Evening courses)
- 6:00 p.m. – 9:45 p.m.
- Estimated length of training: 32 to 36 weeks; includes instructor-led labs for certification exam preparation, where applicable
- Participants must attend classes on 2 Saturdays during training program
- Professional development events; students are highly encouraged to participate in networking and job readiness activities in addition to training courses
- Administering Windows Server 2012
- Installing and Configuring Windows 2012
- Cisco ICND Part 1
- Cisco ICND Part 2
- CompTIA Linux+
- Interpersonal Strategies for Success
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- CompTIA Linux+
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Cloud+
Recommended WorkKeys Scores
- Workplace Documents: 5
- Applied Math: 5
- Graphic Literacy: 5
This program is only available to Midlands TechHire participants.
Midlands TechHire is fully funded by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration. The award amount received over a 4-year period is $4,000,000 and is effective from July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2020. The program provides training for participants in the three-county area served by Midlands Technical College.