Applicants who have attended a regionally accredited college or university must request that all colleges previously attended send official transcripts directly to the Midlands Technical College Admissions Office.
These transcripts will be reviewed to determine if the placement testing requirement will be waived and if transfer credit will be awarded.
What kind of transfer student are you?
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SHOW
Applicants requesting transfer credit consideration of post-secondary course(s) from foreign institutions must obtain, at the applicant's expense, a course-by-course evaluation of the foreign course work. We recommend WES (World Education Services, Inc.), but any evaluator certified by the NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) is acceptable. Contact our International Student Coordinator at 803.738.7735 to get WES forms, or visit the WES website to download the forms online. The following criteria are used to determine the acceptability of prior college coursework for advanced standing:
- -The final grade for the course(s) must be a "C" or better;
- -The course(s) must have been taken at a regionally accredited institution; if from a non-regionally accredited foreign post-secondary institution, the courses must have been recommended by a NACES-member external evaluation service;
- -The course(s) must be applicable to the program in which the student plans to enroll in order for the course to be considered for graduation;
- -The course(s) must be college level. No course that is remedial/developmental in nature will be accepted; and
- -Credit will be granted only once for a given course.
ACADEMIC STUDENT SHOW
- Academic students are taking courses for college credit toward a degree, certificate or diploma. At MTC, academic students fall into two categories: those who are earning a credential for the workplace here at MTC, and those who plan to transfer to a 4-year college. No matter what your major is, if you plan to transfer to another college, you should enroll in the Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree program. Here is a comprehensive list of our academic programs. Learn which program is right for you by exploring the left navigation menu on this page that sorts programs by industry.
TRANSIENT STUDENT SHOW
- Guest students from four-year colleges and universities can take summer classes as short as five weeks at MTC, and get ahead for class credits this fall. Follow these steps to take courses at MTC that will transfer back to your primary school. Click here, to see all of the steps to become a Transient Student.
Deadline for Transferring to MTC
To ensure the admissions application will be processed in time for registration, applications and all associated documentation, including transcripts and placement test scores must be received in the Admissions Office at least three weeks prior to the published application deadline for the term in which the student plans to enroll.
What Academic programs does MTC offer?
MTC offers more than 120 programs that lead students to fulfilling and rewarding careers. Academic students can graduate from MTC with an Associate Degree or transfer to a four-year college to complete their Bachelor's Degree.
MTC is one of the largest sources of transfer students to Columbia College and the University of South Carolina.