Bulletin boards are located throughout the campus to notify students of upcoming events and activities. Notices to be placed by either nonstudents or students must be submitted to the Student Life Office for approval before posting.
Guidelines for Posting Material on Campus
The only authorized posting locations are on the bulletin boards maintained by the Student Life Office. Glass doors, windows, elevators, and restrooms are examples of unauthorized areas. Postings in unauthorized areas will be removed and disposed. Exceptions may be made for new college administrative procedures that require a large amount of advertising to spread the message to the student body. For further information pertaining to posting policies, contact the Student Life Office on either campus: 803.822.3650 (Airport) or 803.738.7860 (Beltline).
- Appropriate campus posting locations are the bulletin boards managed by the Student Life Office.
- Individuals who wish to post flyers/notices on bulletin boards managed by the Student Life Office must receive approval through the Student Life Office on either campus. Requests for posting material on Beltline and Airport campuses can be granted through either Student Life Office: Beltline Student Center (Room 101 or 201) or Airport Student Commons (Room 126).
- Upon approval by designated staff in the Student Life Office, the material will be stamped and prepared for posting.
- Notices pertaining to intercampus clubs/organizations, student services, or academic information can remain on Student Life boards up to one semester upon request. All other approved material will remain on bulletin boards for two weeks. However, any flyer promoting an event on a specific date will be removed after the event.
- Student Life reserves the right to remove any item prior to the designated period based on the timing of a specified event, the size of the material to be posted, and space availability. Student-related events, services, and information will receive priority consideration. See Item 11 and Item 12 concerning posting requests from local businesses.
- All material promoting or involving gambling, alcohol consumption, drug use, or any other activity prohibited by college regulations or South Carolina law WILL NOT be approved for posting (see Section III entitled Proscribed Conduct, Student Code and Grievance Procedure in the MTC Student Handbook).
- The maximum size for flyers or posters is 15 X 24 inches. However, exceptions may occur depending on space availability. Consult with the Student Life Office on either campus for verification.
- Twenty-two boards are available on the Beltline Campus and twelve boards are located on Airport Campus. Student Life personnel will post only the number of flyers received, minus one that is maintained for file purposes. Individuals are responsible for making copies of all materials posted.
- The Student Life Office assumes no responsibility for the security of material posted at any time during display.
- Flyers are posted once a week and/or as space permits on boards. Student Life Office reserves the right to delay posting of any material in question based on existing posting policies and/or available personnel.
- The distribution of flyers or other materials must be consistent with orderly assembly as indicated in Section II.B of the Student Code in the MTC Student Handbook. Distribution by means of accosting individuals, shouting, leaving material in stacks in unauthorized areas, or leaving material on cars is strictly prohibited in accordance with the Student Code.
- The Student Life Office recognizes the importance of working cooperatively with local business and the community. Businesses that want to offer discounts specific to MTC students can have flyers posted on Student Life bulletin boards upon prior approval. All such materials will be posted by Student Life personnel. However, the posting of promotional flyers for businesses that could otherwise be considered free advertising is prohibited.
- Repeat listings of approved business flyers are allowed 90 days from the beginning date of the most recent posting. For example: A flyer posted on March 1 can remain on the boards through March 30. As of June 1 (90 days from March 1), the notice can be posted again for a period of thirty days.
- All notices pertaining to employment should be referred to the Student Financial Services Office for part-time or Student Employment Services for full-time on either campus.
- All notices pertaining to either full-time or part-time employment with Midlands Technical College should be referred to the Office of Human Resource Management located on the Airport Campus.