The MTC-BLHS College & Career Development Center:
- Serves the parents and students of Batesburg-Leesville High School.
- Connects with local employers to provide career information, professional networking, and work experience for students.
- Provides college and career access to parents and students.
- Initiates campus and business tours for students.
- Provides onsite ASSET and COMPASS testing.
- Strives to increase student access in the areas of alternative energy, advanced manufacturing, health sciences, and information technology.
- Helps students secure hands-on training with local business professionals.
The College & Career Development Center offers:
The first step toward making career decisions is to bridge the gap between where you are and where you want to be. Drop in to see what the MTC-BLHS College & Career Development Center has to offer!
Drop-in Career Advising
Explore career options, make career decisions, examine local job market outlooks, and much more with help from a career advisor.
Learn important career planning and employment skills. Your career coach will provide you with the tools and resources needed to successfully gain employment in your respective career choice.
Meet with career advisor about your career goals or field of study.
Apply to College
Use resources available in the College & Career Development Center to identify your field of study, find colleges, and learn more about the application and admissions process.
Speak with local professionals and representatives from organizations and colleges at career and college fairs.
College Entrance Exam
Students and parents interested in pursuing higher education at Midlands Technical College can take the Midlands Technical College placement test for admission.
Batesburg-Leesville College & Career Development Center
Shatiema Stephens, Counselor
Approximately 1/3 of college-bound high school graduates in the Midlands are served by MTC.