$0 Tuition and Fees for Spring 2022
The new Workforce Scholarships for the Future program is helping take care of your tuition and fees so you can take charge of your future.
At MTC, the college is covering the costs of MTC tuition and fees for every qualified student enrolled this upcoming Spring. The goal is to help South Carolinians get the education and training they need to fill the high-demand careers of today’s workforce.
- We have more than 150 programs in 8 Schools of Study that are purposefully aligned with the core industries that drive the South Carolina economy.
- All South Carolina residents (adults and recent high school graduates) are eligible when they enroll in our academic and continuing education career pathways from January 1, 2022 – May 1, 2022.
- Students' tuition and fees will be covered after all Federal, State, local, and private assistance, including other available scholarships and grants are applied. Books are not covered.
- This is a one-time opportunity. The funds are limited and are currently only available for the Spring 2022.
MTC Requirements to Qualify for $0 Tuition and Fees for Spring 2022:
- Academic Programs
You MUST complete your financial aid application if you are planning to enroll in an academic program. (If you have a FAFSA on file for 2021-2022, this is complete). Have questions or want help? Student Financial Services (Financial Aid) will be monitoring and responding to emails at email@example.com.
- Continuing Education and Training Programs (CCE)
You MUST register for and attend a virtual information session if you are planning to enroll in a training program. Call 803.732.0432 for assistance if needed. PLEASE NOTE: Training course(s) must be offered in the Spring 2022 period to qualify for the Workforce Scholarships Program. Here is a list of eligible programs:
- Accounting and Payroll Specialist
- Business Analyst
- Commercial Drivers License CDL
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Certified Nursing Assistant with Medical Scribe Specialist
- Certified Nursing Assistant with Phlebotomist
- Computer Technician
- Database Analyst
- Desktop and Server Administrator
- EKG Specialist
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Facilitating Career Development
- Forklift Operator
- Forklift Operator with OSHA 10
- Front-End Web Developer
- Full Stack Web Developer
- HVAC Entry Level Technician
- Industrial Electrical Maintenance Technician
- Industrial Mechanical Maintenance Technician
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Machinist/Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Operator
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Scribe Specialist
- Meeting and Event Planning
- Office Administrative Specialist
- Patient Care Technician
- Personal Trainer
- SHRM Exam Prep
- Supervisory Certificate
- Additional Requirements
- You MUST register in courses that are approved within your program plan.
- You MUST maintain a 2.0 or higher GPA in your Spring 2022 courses.
Next steps for getting started:
- If you’re considering an academic program, select your school and program of interest, and apply to MTC. We're waiving the application fee too! Use this code to complete your MTC application for free: WSFF2022
- If you're considering a continuing education training program, select your school and program of interest, and register for a virtual information session. During the information session, you will learn the process for completing your free application. (No FAFSA required.)
Important Dates and Deadlines
- March 2, 2022: Mandatory Information Session to receive a scholarship for a corporate and continuing education training program
- March 3, 2022: Spring II (7-week) academic classes begin. (The last day to register is February 25.)
- January 1, 2022 – May 1, 2022: Eligibility period for academic as well as corporate and continuing education training classes.
Message from the President
Midlands Technical College always seeks to ease the financial burden for our students.
The new Workforce Scholarships for the Future announced today, combined with other student financial aid and scholarships that already exist, allow MTC to offer courses in the Spring without students paying any tuition and fees.
Again, new and current MTC students will not pay for tuition and fees in the Spring of 2022.
We are thrilled to be able to offer this unprecedented educational opportunity for our students.
Dr. Ron Rhames