$0 Tuition and Fees for Spring
New and current students may* be eligible for MTC $0 tuition and fees this upcoming Spring Semester and Wintermester. The goal is to help Midlands citizens get the education and training needed to fill the high-demand careers of today’s workforce.
Will you be a new student?
- New academic students will need to apply to MTC. Complete the MTC application for free using code WSFF2023.
Are you a current academic student?
- Check your financial aid status under Self-Service in MyMTC
- Get advised
- If you are already advised, get registered
- If you've already registered, double check the requirements and make sure you've met them all.
Want to speak with someone in Student Information Services? Call 803.738.8324, and select option 9.
- Academic Student Eligibility Requirements*
All must be met to be considered for the MTC $0 tuition and fees promotion.
Students not meeting eligibility requirements will be responsible for tuition and fees by the payment deadlines.
Spring Semester and Wintermester tuition and fee payment is due December 16, 2022 at 1:00 p.m.
Students who do not meet the eligibility requirements and do not pay by the deadlines should officially drop their classes to ensure they are not charged for any tuition or fees.
Students should visit Self Service in MyMTC to view their respective bill and to view their respective financial aid progress. That’s where students can see the information unique to them 24/7.
Requirements to be considered:
- Complete a FAFSA, and submit all required forms to finish the financial aid process.
- Maintain a cumulative MTC GPA of 2.0 for renewal awards.
- Be an adult and/or recent high school graduate, and a South Carolina resident and United States citizen.
- Enroll in an MTC degree, certificate, or diploma program and register in courses that are approved within their program plan. Courses outside of students’ program plans are not covered.
- Cannot be in default on a federal student loan
- Transient students are not eligible.
*Funding is limited. All eligible financial aid, to include PELL, SEOG (Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant), LIFE (Legislative Incentive for Future Excellence Scholarship), SC Lottery, SC WINS (SC Workforce and Industrial Need Scholarship), STM (SC Workforce Scholarships and Grants-STEM) funds or any other state awards or private assistance funds, etc. will be disbursed to the student’s account first, then any remaining MTC tuition and fees may be covered.
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR ACADEMIC STUDENTS WHO DO NOT COMPLETE THE FINANCIAL AID PROCESS
Students who do not complete the financial aid process will be responsible for paying the balance on their account for the Spring 2023 semester and Wintermester.
Students should visit Self Service in MyMTC to view their respective bill and financial aid progress. That’s where students can see the information unique to them 24/7.
- Registration and Payment Deadlines
- The Spring Semester registration deadline and payment is due December 16, 2022 at 1:00 p.m.
- What’s the timeframe?
All South Carolina residents (continuing MTC students, adults, and recent high school graduates) may be eligible when they enroll in our academic programs. The deadline to enroll in academic courses for Spring Semester and Wintermester is December 16, 2022. *Funding is limited and the timeframes it is available may be impacted.
- What programs are included?
Academic degree, certificate, and diploma programs are included.
- Are there limitations on the courses students can take?
All MTC students MUST register in courses that are approved within their program plan. Courses outside of students’ program plans are not covered.
- Are Gamecock Gateway students covered?
Eligible Gamecock Gateway students’ MTC tuition and fees are covered. Gamecock Gateway students must meet the same requirements as all other academic students to be eligible for tuition/fee coverage. UofSC fees or costs are not covered.
- What costs are covered?
All MTC tuition and fees are covered if the student meets all eligibility requirements. Books and supplies are not covered.
- If an academic student’s tuition and fees are covered, why is a bill showing in MyMTC?
Students can contact the Finance Office or Student Financial Services Office to get specifics for their respective accounts. ***Students who do not complete the financial aid process and meet all eligibility requirements will be responsible for paying the balance on their account for the Spring 2023 semester and Wintermester. Spring and Wintermester tuition and fee payment is due December 16, 2022 at 1:00 p.m.
- Will the late registration fee still be applied to academic students registering late for Spring Semester?
Yes. However, students are encouraged to act before December 16. This is so they can obtain the seats they need in courses required for their program of study.
- What if a student decides not to attend after enrolling?
The student needs to officially drop the classes before the tuition and fee payment date to ensure the student is not charged for any tuition or fees.
- What if a student has already paid the tuition and fees bill out of pocket? Will he/she get a refund?
Yes, the student will receive a refund.
Want More Information?
Still have questions? Complete this form to receive more information about a School of Study, or to have someone from MTC contact you.