Information for Students from Other Institutions Attending MTC as a Visiting Student
- Visiting students are responsible for determining if the courses taken at Midlands Technical College will transfer to their current college or university. Meet with your academic advisor at your institution to obtain an approved visiting student form.**
- Apply for admission to Midlands Technical College. If you have attended MTC within the last three semesters, you do not need to reapply.
- Verify your US Citizenship or lawful immigration status. Go to www.midlandstech.edu/admissions/citizenship.html for details. The appropriate documentation of status must be received before enrolling.
- You may submit your approved visiting student form on campus by visiting the Admission's office on Airport (Student Center 2nd floor) or Beltline (Student Center 2nd floor) , or mail your visiting student form to:
Midlands Technical College
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 2408
Columbia, SC 29202
or FAX form to: (803)790-7524 (Make sure to include your telephone number in case we need to contact you. Also include the section number of the class that you want to register for.This form must be submitted before you are eligible to register for class.)
or send electronic versions to: email@example.com (Adobe Acrobat format required). (Electronic submissions in formats other than Adobe Acrobat will not be accepted)
- Register for classes.
- View your class schedule, grades and more using MyMTC. You can access this information using these steps: web address http://mymtc.midlandstech.edu
- Go to MyMTC https://mymtc.midlandstech.edu/ (This website is best viewed using Internet Explorer). The first time you attempt to “Log In”, you will be directed to the “MTC Password Security Application”
- Enter your User Name. Your User Name is your first name, middle initial and last name. Use all lower case letters and no spaces. You may verify your User Name for your account by clicking on “”What’s my User Name”
- Select “I don't know my password or this is my first time logging in”
- You will be prompted to verify your identity by providing the following information:
- Your MTC ID number
- Your birthdate
- The last 6 of your SSN
For more information, call 1-800-922-8038 or (803)738-7743 or send an email to VisitingStudent.
** Please note that courses offered by the science department during the Summer semester meet for the full 10 week semester. Our lab courses are structured so that the lab and lecture portion must be taken together as one class. We look forward to serving you in campus!