Exams offered year round!
Exams offered days and evenings!
Exams offered on both Airport and Beltline campuses!
TAP exams are administered in the Student Assessment Centers on Beltline and Airport campuses. They can be taken during daytime and evening by appointment only. Interested in taking an exam? Pre-register online then contact the Assessment Center at 803-738-7845 to schedule an appointment to take a TAP exam. Your TAP exam results will be e-mailed to you. You might even know how you did before you leave the exam!
- Identify the MTC exam you are prepared to exempt.
- Fill out the Registration form.
- Contact the Assessment Center at 803-738-7845 to schedule an appointment to take a TAP exam.
- Take the exam. (Check each Course Exemption Description under the Exams tab for any required materials. You will NOT be allowed to take the exam if you do not have the materials!)
- Enroll at Midlands Technical College. (Skip this step if you are currently enrolled.)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to have the credit added to your MTC transcript.
- Advise students about high school courses that are appropriate for TAP exemption credit.
- Direct teachers, students, and parents to TAP exam information on the MTC web site.
- Serve as the liaison between your high school and the MTC Coordinator of Advanced Placement.
- Help students with pre-registration.
- Collect and maintain TAP Exam results for reporting purposes. Results will be mailed to each high school on a regular basis.