CAREERS is specifically designed to help adults who lack job or educational experience but who demonstrate the ability and commitment to enter promising career fields.
CAREERS is a federally-funded USDOE Perkins grant that helps economically disadvantaged men and women in career and technical education credit programs. Special populations served by the grant include single parents, displaced homemakers, students with limited English proficiency, disabled students and students enrolled in nontraditional technologies (for example, females enrolled in engineering or males enrolled in nursing).
- Financial assistance for books or childcare
- Exposure to career opportunities
- Enhanced personal professional and academic development
- Individual support, counseling and guidance
- Completed a FAFSA and be receiving financial assistance through MTC's Student Financial Services department.
- Enrolled in MTC credit programs leading to associate degree certificates or diplomas. Exceptions include: Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, and any certificates that begin with “Pre-“ (i.e. Pre-Health Care or Pre-Nursing)
- Cumulative 2.5 GPA
- Additional criteria may apply.
How to apply
Applications are accepted prior to the beginning of each semester (Fall, Spring, Summer). For additional information, email CAREERS@midlandstech.edu or visit one of the following CAREERS campus locations:
Wade Martin Hall, Room 235
Lexington Hall, Room 166