Services offered by Student Support Services
- Individualized academic counseling (SSS counselors are advisors for the Associate in Arts and Science majors. We can help guide you in the proper selection of classes and assist you in developing a plan to complete your degree in a timely manner.
- Academic Mentoring (SSS offers academic help in select subjects each semester. This assistance is individualized and space is limited. Successful, experienced students serve as academic mentors to help participants understand the material for a particular class, assist in improving overall academic skills and help foster better study habits. English, math, and biology are subject areas for which mentoring is commonly offered each semester.)
- Help preparing for transfer to a four-year college or university (SSS can work with you to help ensure you take the classes needed to transfer successfully to the 4-year college/university of your choice.)
- Tours of four-year colleges and universities (SSS conducts tours of schools in South Carolina throughout the year. Schools we have recently visited include College of Charleston, Newberry College, University of South Carolina, Presbyterian College, University of South Carolina-Aiken, Lander University, Coastal Carolina University, and University of South Carolina-Upstate.
- Help completing your FAFSA (If you need assistance in completing your FAFSA, you can make an appointment with SSS for individualized assistance.)
- Learn more about scholarship opportunities (SSS has workshops each fall and spring on general scholarship opportunities as well as scholarships offered only by MTC.)
- Workshops (examples: math anxiety, drafting a transfer plan, time management, writing tips, and developing a college budget)