MTC Home : SFS Home : Veterans Home

Transcript Requests

The Department of Veterans Affairs requires that all educational benefit recipients transfer coursework from previously attended college/schools, so that the same courses are not paid for twice and to ensure that each individual makes the most of his/her benefits.

If you have served on active duty, you will need to request that your military transcript be sent to MTC for evaluation.

If you have attended another college or university, you will need to request that official copies of your transcripts be sent to MTC for evaluation.

IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU HAVE ALL TRANSCRIPTS EVALUATED BEFORE YOU SCHEDULE CLASSES.  If your official transcripts have not been evaluated when you schedule classes, you should provide your advisor with unofficial copies to ensure that you do not schedule classes that will transfer or classes not needed.  VA will not pay you to repeat classes previously taken and passed, excessive electives, or classes not required for graduation in your program of study.

All official transcripts must be mailed from the institution to Midlands Technical College.  Hand delivered transcripts will be accepted as unofficial copies.

Official transcripts must be mailed to:

Midlands Technical College
Office of Admissions
P. O. Box 2408
Columbia, SC  29202

Army, Navy, and Marine Corps Transcript Request