Academic ProgressEnrollment InformationGraduation InformationTranscriptsGeneral InformationGPA InformationForms
Student Records Home
  • Enter MyMTC
      Log in to MyMTC using your student User ID and password
  • Name Change

    To Change Last Name:

    1. To Married Name - need copy of marriage license or military identification card.
    2. From Married to Maiden - need divorce decree stating use of maiden name. A divorce decree without this statement is not enough to change the name.
    3. Decreed by Legal Document - must have the legal document issued by the court.
    To Correct First Name:
    1. Need a copy of birth certificate to correct first name.
    To Change First Name and/or Complete Name:
    1. Must have court document containing name change.

    NOTE: A person may use any name as long as there is no intent to defraud. However, legal name is required by the College for official records. The Lexington County Probate Court and Richland County Family Court has stated that a groom cannot use the marriage license as the basis for a name change. IF you have any questions, please contact the court in your area.

    Adobe Acrobat FormName Change Form