After successful completion of the program graduates will be able to demonstrate entry level competency in the following areas:
1. Active participation in the profession of Physical Therapy as a PTA.
2. Written and oral communication with patients, their families, other health care professionals and members of the community in which they live and work.
3. Awareness of and ability to implement appropriate safety techniques to protect patients, their families, other health care professionals and themselves.
4. Direct patient care activities (treatment development and implementation within the PT plan of care) after completion of the patient’s evaluation by a Physical Therapist.
5. Data collection related to patient response to treatment by using observational, measurement and testing techniques within the scope of PTA practice.
6. Knowledge of continuing education and professional development requirements.
7. Advocacy for general health and wellness issues, individual patients and the profession of physical therapy.