Each applicant must meet the following criteria to be eligible for consideration:
- A high school diploma or General Equivalence Diploma (GED).
- Be an African-American male.
- Submit two letters of recommendation, one from an educator, teacher, counselor or
principal, and one from a person of the student’s choice.
- Submit an essay entitled, "Why I Want to Teach” [This essay must be limited to one page.]
- Must be enrolled in MTC’s Associate in Arts Degree Program and be eligible for enrollment in English 101 and Math 101 courses.
The Project Benefits