By simply filling out the FAFSA, you may be eligible to receive up to
$1140 in Lottery-Funded Tuition Assistance for Spring 2013 term. You do not have to demonstrate financial need to qualify for this special state funding.
It's easy to apply by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
(FAFSA) form. You will also be considered for a wide range of federal and state
financial resources for college.* Visit the Lottery-Funded Tuition Assistance web site
for additional information or call 738-7792, to see if you qualify for
qualifications may apply according to type of financial
- Be sure to use the MTC College Code (003993) when completing the online FAFSA. Inclusion of this code will permit MTC
to receive your record and begin processing your
application for financial assistance.
- Some financial assistance is based on financial need, while others, like SC Lottery Tuition Assistance, does not require
demonstration of financial need.
- Obtaining a PIN code (for the student -- and parent, if applicable) and filing online will result in faster turnaround time and less errors that will need to be corrected before financial assistance can be awarded
- The U.S. Department of Education provides online and phone assistance in completing the form, if help is needed.
- MTC also offers special assistance in completing FAFSA
forms. Call 803-738-7792 for more information.
Requirements for SC Lottery-Funded
- Qualify for in-state tuition rates and be a legal South Carolina resident
for a minimum of one year.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).*
*Applicants may request a waiver to the SC Lottery Tuition Assistance eligibility requirement relating to the submission of the FAFSA for the following reasons:
Be admitted to Midlands Technical College in a certificate, diploma or
associate degree program, and enroll in and maintain at least six credit
hours each term.
Students with 24 credit hours earned or less must meet SAP requirements (see our website for more SAP information). Students with 24 credit hours earned or more must have a minimum 2.0 GPA.
You must NOT be the recipient of a LIFE scholarship.
Students shall not be eligible to receive Lottery Tuition Assistance for
more than one certificate, diploma, or degree earned within any five-year
period unless the additional certificate, diploma, or degree constitutes
progress in the same field of study.
- The applicant already has earned a bachelor's degree and will provide a transcript or copy of his/her diploma.
- The applicant is not enrolled in a program that is eligible for Title IV aid.
- The applicant is a dependent student who cannot obtain his/her parents' tax form(s)
or signature. (You must attach a letter from your parents confirming this
- The applicant is an independent student who cannot obtain his/her spouse's
tax form or signature. (You must attach a letter from your spouse
confirming this statement).
- The applicant is an independent student and the student's adjusted gross
income is at least $80,000. (You must provide a copy of your signed
federal tax return).
- The applicant is a dependent student and his/her parent's adjusted gross
income is at least $80,000. (Parent's signed federal tax return must be