College Services on Campus
Midlands Technical College has resources available to assist you as you move toward achieving your educational goal.
- MTC Cafes offer wireless internet access, fresh sandwiches and a variety of convenience foods.
- MTC Bookstores have MTC paraphernalia, clothing, textbooks and other educational supplies.
- Student Employment Services is available with employment options, including resume and interviewing materials, cooperative education experiences and internships.
Health and Wellness
MTC faculty and staff believe that good health supports positive learning. The college therefore provides:
- Alcohol and Drug Awareness and Prevention Activities,
- Designated smoking areas in support of a smoke-free environment (at gazebos),
- Online screening for depression and anxiety,
- Student Accident insurance for enrolled students and information about student health insurance,
- Referrals to community health resources; and
- Health education resources.
Campus Police Department
Primary law enforcement agency for all campuses with full authority and jurisdiction.
Emergency telephone numbers:
- Medical Emergency:
- Security Emergency:
- Security Non-Emergency:
- Suspicious activity
- Criminal activity
- Unsafe activity
- Required of all students
- Must be in your possession at all times while on campus
- Must be presented to any faculty, staff or administrative personnel upon request.
- Available from Student Life Office.
- Emergency Assistance
- Non-emergency Assistance
- Escort to your vehicle
- Assistance with dead battery, locked car door
- Safety Awareness and Education
- Provides 24 hour electronic surveillance on college premises
Safety Awareness and Education
- Do not carry large amounts of cash or unnecessary belongings.
- Travel in pairs or groups
- Be suspicious of individuals trying to distract you.
- Trust your instincts.
Protect Your Property
- Lock your car.
- Place valuables out of sight.
- Keep books, computers, book bags with you at all times.
Prohibited on Campus
- Theft and vandalism
For information on college security and the annual report, visit the MTC Annual Security Report webpage.
Parking and Traffic Regulations
Students are required to register their vehicles to park on campus property. All students may park in areas not reserved for permit holders, visitors, people with disabilities, loading zone vehicles, or other specially designated purposes. Parking in these areas will result in a ticket and possibly additional fines.
The college is not responsible for theft, vandalism or damage to vehicles (or their contents) while on college property. It is advisable to leave all valuable possessions at home.