Academic Preparation - What Parents Can Do
Parents can begin to prepare their children for college early by:
- Helping them take the right junior high and high school courses based on the type of school they wish to enroll in after high school.
- Encourage them to maintain good grades throughout their high school experience.
- Helping them decide on the right school by researching the school’s curriculum, the size of the school, the type of school, and a school’s affordability. Parents should also encourage campus visits.
- Helping them obtain and complete admissions applications.
- Assisting them with essays and preparing for admissions interviews.