Information for Parents of Students Planning for College
How a Parent Can Help
A college education is an ingredient for success in the world today, and by taking the right courses and working hard your child can be prepared to go to college. By building a strong foundation of courses, starting with middle school and continuing through high school, your child will be better prepared for college admissions tests and college course work. And, by saving for college and taking advantage of financial aid from the U.S. Department of Education, colleges and states, you can change college from a dream into a reality for your children. Getting a college education requires a lot of time, effort and careful planning by parents and students, but it provides knowledge and skills students will use for the rest of their lives. Midlands Technical College is here to help you get your child on the pathway to success.
- Academic Preparation - What Parents Can Do
- Things You and Your Child Can Do To Prepare for a Technical Program at a Community, Junior, or Technical College
- Information for Parents Who Home School
- Parent Support Ladder
- What is Financial Aid
- Financial Preparation
- When to Apply for Financial Aid
- What if your student has a Disability?
- Student Orientation