A Career Development Student is:
- A student taking a course for self-development
- A student taking a course and not entering a degree program
- A student taking a course to meet prerequisites to enter another college
* If you are attending another college and have a visiting student form, you are a visiting student. Click here for information on how to take a course at MTC as a visiting student.
* Career Development students are not eligible to receive Federal Aid.
Verify your lawful presence or immigration status. Go to www.midlandstech.edu/admissions/lawfulpresence.html for details. The appropriate documentation of status must be received before enrolling.
Career Development students may meet course prerequisites either by taking the MTC placement test, have previous course work at MTC that fulfill a prerequisite need, prior college transcripts with college-level course work from another institution that fulfill a prerequisite need, or departmental approval.
After you have completed the Admission process (submitted a completed Admission's application) and been accepted, you can register for courses in the Airport (Student Center Room 215) or Beltline Student Center (Room 239). If you have any questions regarding this process, please call (or email) Permelia Luongo at (803) 738-7743 or 1-800-922-8038 extention 7743.